2022 / 2023 OPEC/OFID Masters Scholarships
Overview Of 2022 / 2023 OPEC/OFID Masters Scholarships
The OFID Scholarship 2021 Fund for International Development – is ongoing for qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree, to win up to $50,0000.
What is OFID scholarship?
OFID (The OPEC Fund for International Development) is accepting applications from qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID Scholarship 2021/2022.
How is OPEC funded?
The OPEC Fund’s resources consist of voluntary contributions made by its member countries and the accumulated reserves derived from the institution’s various operations.
2022 / 2023 OPEC/OFID Masters Scholarships Details
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries.
OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world.
It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness, and trade.
OFID’s work is people-centered, focusing on projects that meet basic needs – such as food, energy, clean water and sanitation, health care and education – with the aim of encouraging self-reliance and inspiring hope for the future.
Through its OPEC scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship of up to US$50,000.
The funds will be spread over a maximum of two years, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or it’s equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2021.
How Much is the OPEC/OFID Scholarship?
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a full-tuition scholarship of up to the US $50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or it’s equivalent, at an accredited educational institution.
Who Can Apply for the OPEC/OFID scholarship?
To be eligible to apply for the OFID Masters Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or it’s equivalent
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2021, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Level/Field of Study
The OPEC Scholarship is a full master’s scholarship open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of Development or Energy Studies such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
OFID scholarship award for international students is open to Any recognized University in the world.
The OPEC scholarships for developing countries are available to OFID member countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship. See the list of eligible developing countries for the OFID Masters scholarship.OFID has 13 members.
Countries: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela. Ecuador reactivated its membership in June 2014 after a 22-year absence.
Easiest Ways to Apply for the OPEC/OFID Scholarship 2022
Applicants must complete the online application.
Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below. All materials including the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than the deadline as stated below.
How To Apply for OPEC/OFID scholarship2021
- SubmissionEnsure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria and all necessary documents are ready for submission.
- RegistrationRegister within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- Application FormFill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- UploadingUpload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into a postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- Complete Application FormWhen your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
- A completed online application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from the chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- Proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at the applicant’s present university.
Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Only the winner will be notified by June 2, via OFID website at www.ofid.org.
When is the OFID scholarship 2022 Application Deadline?
Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below in Section III.
All materials including the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than deadline.
Unfortunately, application for the 2022 entry is yet to be open. You can visit the link below for more information.