UMaT International Online Application Portal 2021/2022
Postgraduate General Information
The School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) runs MSc/MPhil and PhD programmes in Geological, Mining and Mineral Engineering under the Faculty of Mineral Resource Technology and MPhil/MSc and PhD programmes in Geomatic, Electrical and Electronic, Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics under the Faculty of Engineering.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following engineering programmes:
- MSc and MPhil in Geomatic Eng., Geological Eng., Mining Eng., Mineral Eng. Mechanical Eng., and Electrical & Electronic Eng.
- PhD in Geological Eng., Mining Eng. and Mineral Eng.
Admission to Certificate Programme in French
ADMISSION TO CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME IN FRENCH (2021/2022)
SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS FOR ADMISSION
It is announced for the information of prospective applicants and the general public that application forms for admission to a Certificate Programme in French in the University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa, for the 2021/2022 academic year are on sale. The main aim of the Certificate in French programme at UMaT is to provide the necessary basic, scientific, technological and technical French speaking and writing competences to students and professionals who opt for the programme. It is a one year (2-Semester) programme. The cost of one set of application forms for the programme is One Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GHC150.00). The application forms can be purchased at the following places:
• Post Office • GCB Bank • Access Bank • Ecobank • Zenith Bank • Fidelity Bank • Unibank • Stanbic Bank • UBA • Cal Bank
The following will be the procedure for the sale of the forms:
- The Banks and the Post Offices have been furnished with a list of serial numbers with their corresponding Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) for the sale of the forms.
- On payment for the forms, the Bank and the Post Offices will issue a payment receipt containing a unique serial number with its corresponding PIN per each form purchased.
- The serial number and the PIN will be used by the applicant as the login details on the UMaT Online Admission System. (www.umat.edu.gh)
- Applicants with SSS Certificate Five passes (A-E) in all subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Social Studies or its equivalent.
- Applicants with WASS Certificates (WASSCE) Five passes (A1-E8) in all subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Social Studies or its equivalent.
- Applicants with Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates Candidates must have FIVE passes in all subjects including English Language, Mathematics and General Paper.
- Other Applicants Candidates should have any of the following: Technician Part I or II, Middle School Leaving Certificate (MSLC), Basic Education Certificate or its equivalent. In addition, the candidate must pass an interview conducted by the Department.
NOTE: This programme will be run in the evenings from Monday to Thursday. CLOSING DATE: Completed application forms with relevant supporting documents must be returned to the Registrar, UMaT, Box 237, Tarkwa.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS All applicants should use the Serial Number and the PIN to APPLY ONLINE at the following web address: www.admissions.umat.edu.gh All applicants should submit a printed copy of the online application forms together with photocopies of certificates and documents on examinations taken to the Registrar, UMaT, Box 237, Tarkwa.