KNUST Short Course on Organizational Health & Safety
Philosophy of the Programme
This programme focuses on the technical and regulatory aspects of Organizational Health and Safety. It also looks at very expedient cultural changes that are needed within industries and organizations. The program will focus on the science and technology of risk management through assessment and evaluation of hazards and development of specific control mechanisms at the work place. Participants will also learn how to mitigate risks and hazards through the application of risk management protocol in the workplace, allowing them to recognise, evaluate and generate control solutions for the risks.
By the end of the programme participants should be able to;
- Understand the various types of health and safety principles needed for application in an organisational setting.
- Understand principles of organizational health and safety issues in the work place.
- Understand the broad legal context for safety, regulatory environment and relevant frame work.
- Understand the leadership role in process safety and management safety.
- Understand the nature and development of safety culture in an organisation
- Draft Health and safety management plan at the workplace
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOME
At the end of this course participants are expected to understand the practical concepts of health and safety with the motive of having the skills and consciousness in mitigating health and safety issues in the industry.
- Dynamics of Practice of Work Health and Organizational Safety Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and their relevance
- Industrial Hygiene
- Risks and Hazard Management
- Lifting Management
- Fire Safety and Handling Techniques
- Warehousing & Storage
- Machinery and Safeguarding
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Dynamics of Team work
The Short course on Organisational Health and Safety is available to the following categories of applicants:
- Oil and Gas Professionals
- Exploration and Production Professionals
- Safety staffs
- Professionals from other Organisation
- Automobile staff
- Other workers interested in safety at the work place.
The fee per participant is GHS 2000.The fees covers tuition, training materials, lunch and certification. Participants shall be presented with a certificate upon completion.
The course shall be run for five working days from 28th May to 1st June 2018 for Accra participants and 4th June to 8th June 2018 for Kumasi Participants.
9:00 am to 5:30 pm each day
ACCRA-KNUST Accra City Campus
For further information about registration and enrolment please call
0244258146 or 0267122221 or Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org