UG Call for Applications – Reproductive Health Leadership Course University of Ghana School of Public Health
University of Ghana School of Public Health Long term Institutional Development is pleased to invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in a Reproductive Health Leadership Course from the 14th to the 18th of May, 2018.
The five (5) day course aims at building capacity and strengthening leadership skills among reproductive health practitioners.
Participants will be treated to interesting didactic lectures, interactive sessions, group exercises, case studies, presentations, round table and plenary discussions.
Facilitators would be faculty from the University of Ghana School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Legon, Accra.
Mid-to-Senior-level Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Practitioners from
- Governmental and Non-governmental organizations.
- International Organizations.
- UN Agencies including WHO
- Tuition is free for all participants.
- This is a non-residential course.
- Prospective applicants from Ghana would have to pay a registration fee of Ghc 250.
- To introduce participants to Public Health leadership principles and functions.
- To develop leadership capacity among Reproductive Health (RH) professionals.
- To create a critical pool of leaders to champion the Reproductive Health agenda towards the achievement of local, regional and global goals.
At the end of the course, participants will
- have a clear understanding of Public Health leadership principles and functions
- understand the importance of leadership in achieving local, regional and global Reproductive Health goals.
- understand the elements of effective reproductive health leadership in the context of evolving global health challenges.
- be equipped to function and advocate for Reproductive Health in leadership roles.
*Please note that participant evaluation would be based on active participation.
- Training manual including handouts, presentation slides, assignments, Instructors guide and Instructions for Icebreaker activities and group activities will be provided.
- Materials will be provided electronically as well on pen drives.
- Certificates will be awarded to participants who successfully complete the course.
How to Apply
Participants should download and fill the application form provided and send their applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
||20th April, 2018|
||1st May, 2018|
||7th May, 2018|