UG Annual Registrars Seminar 2018
70 Years of University Administration and Management in Ghana:
Redefining the Roadmap
As part of University of Ghana’s 70th Anniversary celebrations, this year’s Registrar’s Seminar will focus on University Management and Administration in Ghana over the last 7 decades.
Adopting a panel approach, the seminar will unpack critical issues pertaining to the role of administrative and professional employees in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The panelists will discuss past and current systems and look critically at emerging trends. This highly interactive seminar is expected to start the conversation that will redefine the roadmap for the delivery and assessment of administrative and professional services in HEIs.
|Keynote Speaker and Chairman:||
Panelists and Moderators:
DR. PAUL EFFAH
Radford University College
Administrative and Professional Senior Members from HEIs and NCTE
SUBTHEMES & DISCUSSANTS:
1. Ideal university administration for higher education institutions
- The role of NCTE in the management and administration of Higher Education Institutions – Professor Mohammed Salifu, Executive Secretary, NCTE.
- Similarities and Differences of University Administrative Structures –
Mr. Frank Yeboah, Registrar, Wisconsin University.
- Factors Influencing Universities’ Administrative Structures –
Mr. Emmanuel Baidoo, College Secretary, College of Basic and Applied Sciences, UG.
Moderator: Mr. Ernest Boakye, Deputy Director, Physical Development and Municipal Services Department, UG.
2. Effective systems for assessing performance of administrative & professional senior members
- Evaluation of Existing Performance Standards. Can One Cap Fit All? –
Dr. Houphet, Medical Officer, University of Ghana Hospital.
- Emerging Trends in Assessing Senior Administrative & Professional Staff –
Dr. Oheneba Agyenim Boateng – Registrar, Presbyterian University College, Abetifi.
- Innovative Ways Of Measuring Individual Impact –
Mr. Benjamin Cobblah, University of Ghana Computing Systems.
Moderator: Mrs. Mavis Otoo Ayeh, College Secretary, College of Humanities, UG.
3. People management in higher education institutions
a. Dealing with Difficult People in the Workplace –
Dr. Sena Kpeglo, Registrar, University of Health and Allied Sciences.
b. Supervisor – Subordinate Relationship in the Workplace –
Mr. Gaisie, Administrator, University of Ghana Hospital.
- Effective Service Delivery – Mrs. Jocelene Buckman, Director, Careers and Counseling Center, UG.
Moderator: Ms. Monica Mensah, Assistant Librarian, Balme Library, UG
Date: Tuesday, 12th June 2018 to Wednesday, 13th June 2018
Venue: The Bank Of Ghana Auditorium, University of Ghana