2019 – 2020 Admission Forms For African University College Of Communications
Applicants must submit the following:
- A completed Application Form for admission.
- Cost of Forms:
Degree Programmes for Ghanaians – GHc75.00.
Degree Programmes for International Students – cedi equivalent of $80.
Executive Education – GHS30.00
- Photocopies of results slips or certificates
- Two passport-sized photographs, one of which should be endorsed by one of the following:
a minister of religion, a lawyer, a senior public servant, a head teacher of a school, or a registrar of a university.
- A copy of the candidate´s birth certificate.
- A transcript, if the student enrolled in another institution. This transcript should be sent directly to the Registrar of AUCC.
GHS1,740.00 per semester for Ghanaians.
Cedi equivalent of US$1,685.00 per semester for International Students.
Executive Education and Professional Programmes
Please visit our Centre for Executive Education and Professional Programmes. for details.
For Further Information please :
Click to Contact us
Admission Requirements (Degree Programmes)
The University College admits all qualified students without any reference to race or ethnic origin, religious or political orientation, or nationality.
The following categories of candidates are considered for admission to first degree programmes in the University College.
Entry level for all categories of applicants:
- Applicants with WASSCE must obtain a minimum of six credit passes (C6) in six subjects (3 core, 3 electives).
- A pass will therefore not be accepted any more as a basis for admission. The minimum aggregate score of 24 for SSSCE applicants will be maintained. Applicants must obtain at least a D (4) in six subjects.
- GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels
- Applicants with ´O´ or ´A´ Levels must have Grade 6 or better in five (5) ´O´ level subjects including English, Math and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject for Science students. In addition, they must have passes in 3 subjects, one of the passes should be Grade D or better at the ´A´ Levels.
- International Students
- International students with qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above (1-2) may be considered for admission. They must also show evidence of proficiency in English. This includes applicants holding Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, GCSE and other external qualifications which have equivalences to the SSSCE, WASSCE and GCE.
- Mature Candidates
- Must be Ghanaian nationals, 27 years or above and must pass a mature candidates qualifying examination and interview.
- Other Qualifications
- Holders of University of Ghana Diploma or its equivalent, with Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 3.25 or better, eligible to apply to the same area of study. Holders of Diplomas in other areas of study must have distinction.
- Candidates in Possession of a Diploma
- Applicants must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e at least 2nd Class Lower Division). In addition the applicants must have acquired a 2 year post – HND qualification working experience. AUCC follows University of Ghana’s practice with regard to entry levels for HND applicants. Other Diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND may be similarly considered.