KTU Institute Of Open And Distance Learning
ENTRY REQUIREMENT FOR DIPLOMA IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
· Five (5) SSCE/WASSCE passes (Including English Language and Mathematics) or
· Five (5) GCE O-Level passes (Including English Language and Mathematics) or
· Five (5) GBCE (RSA II) passes (Including English Language and Mathematics) or
· Mature Applicants must be twenty-five (25) years old and must show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is twenty-five (25) years old at the time of application. And must pass a written test in English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledge to be conducted by the Koforidua Technical University.
II. CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME IN SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES – 3 MONTHS (SATURDAYS ONLY)
(i) Applicants with a minimum of Junior High School Certificate
(ii) Mature Applicants must be at least twenty-five (25) years old and must have relevant working experience.
7. Pre-HND/ACCESS PROGRAMME
The Pre-HND (Access Course) is opened to SSSCE/WASSCE HOLDERS WITH Science/Engineering background who wish to pursue Higher National Diploma in the under listed programmes.
The National Board for Professional and Technicians Examinations (NABPTEX) has designed an access course for SSSCE/WASSCE holders who could not obtain the required grades for direct entry into Technical/Vocational Institute graduates into HND Programmes. NABPTEX will conduct a final external examination after which successful applicants shall proceed to enroll in the underlisted HND Programmes:
Programmes available are:
· HND Automotive Engineering
· HND Mechanical Engineering
· HND Electrical/Electronics Engineering
· HND Renewable Energy Systems
· HND Civil Engineering
· HNS Building Technology
· HND Hospitality Management
Duration: One (1) academic year (i.e. Two (2) semesters of 16 weeks per semester.
· SSSCE/WASSCE Science and Technology Applicants
Applicants with SSCE/WASSCE Science and Technology backgrounds who hold the following qualifications are eligible for enrolment into the Access Course:
Passes in three (3) subjects comprising at least one (1) core subject (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science and Social Studies) plus at least One (1) science elective subject (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics, Agriculture Science, Metal Works and any other Science related subject).
· SSSCE/WASSCE (Science/Engineering background only) who could not obtain the grades required for direct entry of the above-stated HND programmes
· Applicants must have a minimum of Craft Course OR
· Applicants must have MET I, MVT I and EET I or its equivalent
· Applicants to the Hospitality Management programme must have Cookery 812/2 OR its equivalent