2021/2022 UDS Diploma And Undergraduate Admissions
Overview Of UDS Diploma And Undergraduate Admissions
The University For Development Studies announces for the information of the general public, applicants, parents and guardians that applications has been Released for the admission of prospective applicants into various Diploma And Undergraduate for the 2021 / 2022 academic year .
Application forms for admission to Diploma and Undergraduate programmes in the University for Development Studies (UDS) will be available online at www.admissions.uds.edu.gh from Monday, April 19, 2021 for holders of the following qualifications;
• West African Senior Secondary School Certificate (WASSCE),
• HND/Diploma Certificates, State Registered Nurses (SRN)
NB: WASSCE applicants who are awaiting their results are eligible to apply by selecting Awaiting option and indicating their examination details. Upon release of the 2021 WASSCE results, the University will automatically update all awaiting results.
The following courses are currently offered by the University.
UDS 2021/2022 FULL-TIME/REGULAR PROGRAMMES
i. TAMALE CAMPUS
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (SoM)
• 6-Year Medicine (MBChB) (This programme is for only WASSCE candidates with Elective Science subjects)
• 6-Year Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) (This programme is for only WASSCE candidates with Elective Science subjects)
• 4-Year BSc (Physician Assistant) This programme is for only WASSCE candidates with Elective Science subjects)
SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES (SAHS)
• 6-Year Doctor of Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS.D)
Admission / Entry Requirement
Applicants to the 6-Year Doctor of Medical Laboratory Science (MLS.D) degree must have Credit in the THREE WASSCE core subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits in THREE WASSCE electives: Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics).
• 4-Year BSc (Community Nutrition) (This is a science-based programme for WASSCE holders). Home Economics candidates are also eligible to apply.
• 4-Year BSc Medical Imaging Technology) (This is a science-based programme for WASSCE holders). Home Economics candidates are not eligible to apply.
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
• 4-Year BSc (Nursing) (for WASSCE holders) Candidates with business subjects are advised not to apply for Nursing. Only Pure Science, Agricultural Science, Arts or Home Economics candidates are eligible to apply
• 4-Year BSc (Midwifery) (for WASSCE holders) Candidates with Business subjects are advised not to apply. Only Pure Science, Agricultural Science, Arts or Home Economics candidates are eligible to apply.
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
• 4-Year BSc (Health Information Management) (for WASSCE holders) This is a science-based programme. Other candidates with Business subjects, Agricultural Science, Arts or Home Economics are also eligible to apply
FACULTY OF EDUCATION (FOE)
The Faculty of Education is admitting suitably qualified persons into a fulltime and/or a top-up Bachelor of Education programmes in the following courses
• 4-Year B.ED (Social Science)
• 4-Year B.ED (Business Studies)
• 4-Year B.ED (Agriculture Science) – Nyankpala Campus
• 4-Year B.ED (Family and Consumer Science) – Nyankpala Campus
• 4-Year B.ED (Mathematics)
• 4-Year B.ED (Science)
• 4-Year B.Ed in Basic Education(Lower Primary, Upper Primary, and JHS) – Tamale Campus
• 4-Year B.Ed in Early Childhood Care and Education.
• 2-Year Diploma in Basic Education
• 2-Year Diploma in Early Childhood care and Education
FACULTY OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (FSDS)
• 4-Year BA (Development Education)
• 2-Year Diploma in Development Education
ii. NYANKPALA CAMPUS
a. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND CONSUMER SCIENCES (FAFCS)
• 4-Year BSc Agriculture Technology (Agricultural Mechanization & Irrigation Technology, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics & Extension, Animal Science and Horticulture)
• 4-Year BSc (Family & Consumer Sciences)
• 4-Year BEd (Agricultural Science)
• 4-Year BSc Veterinary Nursing
• 4-Year BSc Food Processing Technology
• 4-Year BSc Agribusiness (Agricultural & Resource Economics, Agribusiness Management& Finance, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development & Gender Studies, Climate Change and Food Security) This programme is for both science-based SSCE/WASSCE holders and non-science-based applicants with three (3) credit passes in core subjects and three (3) credit passes in the elective subjects
• 2-Year Diploma in Agriculture Technology
• 2-Year Diploma in Agribusiness
• 2-Year Diploma in Family & Consumer Sciences
b. FACULTY OF BIOSCIENCES (FoB)
• 4-Year BSc Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
• 4-Year BSc Aquaculture Technology and Fisheries Sciences
• 2-Year Diploma in Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
• 2-Year Diploma Aquaculture Technology and Fisheries Sciences
c. FACULTY OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT (FNRE)
• 4-Year BSc Renewable Natural Resources (Forest & Forest Resources Management; Range & Wildlife Management; Ecotourism & Environmental Management; and Fisheries & Aquatic Resource Management options)
• 4-Year BSc Ecotourism and Hospitality Management
• 4-Year BSc Environmental Management and Sustainability
• 4-Year BSc Forest Resource Conservation and Management
These programmes are for Pure Science or Agricultural Science (WASSCE) holders only. However, non-science-based applicants with credit passes in Elective Mathematics, Economics and Geography and at least C4 in Integrated Science qualify to apply.
2-Year Diploma in Natural Resource Management
d. FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION AND CULTURAL STUDIES (FCCS)
• 4-Year BSc Social Change Communication (This is a non science-based
programme for non science-based SSSCE/WASSCE holders but
Science-based students are also eligible to apply)
• 2-Year Diploma in Social Change Communication
e. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING (SoE)
• 4-Year BSc Mechanical Engineering (Options in Thermo-Fluids & Energy Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Applied Mechanic Engineering, Design & Production Engineering)
• 4-Year BSc Agricultural Engineering (options in Food & Post Harvest Engineering, Soil & Water Conservation Engineering, Farm Power & Machinery Engineering, Irrigation & Drainage Engineering)
Further Reading >>>UDS Diploma And Undergraduate Admissions General Entry Requirements