University of Professional Studies Distance Education Admission Forms
The following Graduate School Programmes are going to be deployed through blended distance learning mode:
MBA in Accounting/Finance
MBA in Corporate Governance
MBA in Marketing
MPhil in Leadership
MBA Petroleum Accounting and Finance
MBA Internal Auditing
MBA Total Quality Management
The programmes Undergraduate programmes will follow suit in subsequent academic years.
Distance Learning School
University of Professional Studies
P.O Box LG 149, Accra
Tel: +233 244438164
Mature Applicants applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirements:
- Attained a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years by Thursday, 5th April, 2018.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ work experience and should be able to provide a letter of appointment from the employer or show any proof of employment.
- Must possess at least passes in five (5) subjects including English Language and Mathematics at WASSCE (grade D7/E8) or SSSCE/GBCE (grade E) or GCE ‘O’ Level (grade 7/8)
- Must pass the University’s Mature Access Course Entrance Examinations which comprise Mathematics, English Language and Aptitude Test. A mature applicant shall be deemed to have passed the entrance examinations for consideration for admission if he/she obtains a pass mark of 40% in each paper and an average pass mark of 50% in all three papers.
- Must pass a Selection Interview. Successful applicants will be placed in Level 100.
- Mature Access Course Classes and Entrance Examinations
- Registration for the Mature Access Course Classes and Entrance Examinations begins immediately in the Admissions Office (Room 7, Seidu Mustapha Wing) and will end on Thursday, 5th April, 2018.
- Mature Access Course Classes will take place from Friday, 6th April, 2018 to Thursday, 31st May, 2018.
- Mature Access Course Entrance Examinations will be held on
Friday, 1st June, 2018 and Saturday, 2nd June, 2018.
Detail guidelines on the Mature Access Course Classes and Entrance Examinations may be downloaded from the University’s website (www.upsa.edu.gh) or call the Admissions Office on, +233 303-937544/ +233 303-937542.
- Mature Applicants for BSc. in Actuarial Science programme with credit passes in Additional Mathematics or Elective Mathematics at the GCE ‘O’ Level/WASSCE/ SSSCE/GBCE is an added advantage.
- Applicants for the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management and Finance programme are required to have credit passes in Economics, Geography and any other elective subject
- Admission is NOT AVAILABLE for mature students to the LLB programme.
- HOW TO APPLY
- Completion of Online Application Form
All applications are to be strictly completed on-line i.e.
- Log on to upsa.edu.gh to access the on-line application form.
- Use the Online Serial Numbers (OSN) and the receipt number to start the application process.
Note 6: Please note that a change of programme after the submission of the application would not be possible.
- Purchase of Online Serial Numbers (OSN)
Online Serial Numbers (OSN) for the University of Professional Studies, Accra are available for purchase at the cost of GH¢200.00 for Ghanaian Applicants andUS$120.00 for International Applicants at the following sales points:
- Any Ecobank or Access Bank branch nation-wide
- Any Ghana Post (Post Office) branch nation-wide
- By Visa/Master Card/Tigo Cash/Airtel Money using the link http://interpayafrica.com/custom/upsa
- SUBMISSION OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Using A-4 manila envelope, all applicants must submit the following documents by COURIER and NOT by hand delivery:
- A printed-out and endorsed applicant’s declaration slip
- Certified copies of all certificate(s)
- Original transcript(s) of academic records (applicable to First Degree, Professional, University Diploma & HND applicants only)
- Birth certificate
The manila envelope should be submitted by COURIER to the address below:
Director of Academic Affairs
University of Professional Studies
P.O. Box LG 149 Accra.
Closing date for submission is
Thursday, 31st May, 2018.
Applicants who do not meet any of the requirements above MUST NOT APPLY. Fees paid to the University are NOT refundable .
Further information may be obtained from www.upsa.edu.gh or the address below:
Room 7, Seidu Mustapha Wing,
Central Administration Block
University of Professional Studies, Accra
Tel: +233 303-937544/+233 303-937542 and e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org