GIL Appointment Of Director Vacant Position 2018 / 2019
The Board of Management of the Ghana Institute of Languages wishes to advertise the post of DIRECTOR of the Institute.
The Director is under the direction of the Board of Management of the Institute. She/he is the Chief Executive of the Institute and at the same time the Academic and Administrative Head. The Director should therefore have the requisite qualifications and experience and a clear understanding of language education and its direction and be capable of leading the Institute towards achieving its goals of helping promote Pan-African Unity.
The suitable candidate must:
- Be a Ghanaian
- Be a PhD holder or of a Professorial Rank with a minimum of five (5) years teaching experience in a reputable tertiary institution.
- Be fluent in English Language.
- Have specialization or working knowledge in at least one (1) other modern language.
- Have senior management position experience and have an enquiring and innovative mind; working knowledge of the committee system of administration in tertiary Institution is necessary.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
- To be determined by the Board of Management of the Institute consistent with the Institute’s Act. (NLCD 324 of 1969).
- Salary (based on the Single Spine Salary Structure) and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
- Tenure of appointment is four (4) years and successful candidates should be able to serve a full four-year term before the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60). Appointment may be renewed for a further two (2) years, subject to satisfactory performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Prospective candidates should submit an application letter with six (6) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, indicating date of birth, contact information and address of three (3) referees, certified copies of certificates (and certified translations if necessary) and a statement of their vision for the Institute ( in not more than five hundred (500) words ) not later than 4.00pm on Friday, June 29, 2018 to the following address:
C/o Ghana Institute of Languages
BY HAND DELIVERY
Attention: Joel Asiedu
Principal Administrative Officer
Third Floor, Room 9
Ghana Institute of Languages
Candidates are also requested to submit soft copies (in scanned PDF) of their application to the following address:
Candidates should request their three (3) referees to submit confidential reports on them directly to any of the addresses above not later than 4.00pm on Friday, June 29, 2018.
Interested females are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.