KNUST MasterCard Undergraduate Scholarships 2022/2023
Overview Of KNUST MasterCard Undergraduate Scholarships 2022/2023
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana is offering MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Ghanaian and African students 2022/2023.
It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
What is Mastercard Foundation Scholarship?
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is developing Africa’s next generation of leaders. The program allows students whose talent and promise exceed their financial resources to complete their education. … The Program provides financial, social, and academic support to Scholars.
How do I get a Mastercard Foundation Scholarship?
Before you apply:
- Carefully research the Program website of the university of your choice to learn the specific details about eligibility criteria, requirements, deadlines, and other application instructions.
- Select the institution and program you want to apply to. While there is no limit to the number of schools you can apply to, it is important to note that it takes a great deal of effort to complete an application package.
- Prepare the necessary documents to submit. Each institution requires different types of documents as part of the application process. Failing to submit a document on time will result in an incomplete application.
- If applicable, take the required tests a few months before starting your application. Before being considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, every applicant must first meet the admissions requirements of the university. For some partners, tests like the SAT and/or TOEFL or IELTS are part of the standard requirements for all international students. Other university partners do not require these to be completed.
- Ask for references. Most universities will require recommendation letters. Before you apply, ask someone who knows you well, such as your teacher, mentor, or community leader, to support you with this step. Some universities will require the recommendation to be submitted online. In this case, it is the applicant’s responsibility to follow up with his/her referees about the online submission.
Aim and Benefits of Mastercard Undergraduate Scholarship
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
Requirements for KNUST Mastercard Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and meets KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
Interview date, Process and Venue for KNUST Mastercard Undergraduate Scholarship
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
How can I apply for Knust Mastercard scholarship?
Download a copy of the 2021/2022 application form (Here!).
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
- The Program Manager.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat.
- ℅ Office of the Dean of Students.
- Private Mail Bag.
- KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana.