BECE School Placement
Is Bece 2021 school placement out?
According to the Ghana Education Service (GES) candidates who just completed the recently concluded BECE will start selecting the SHS they would attend from March 2022
Thus 2021 BECE Placement Checker is not out. The Placement Checkers to view schools for 2021 BECE is expected to be out by December 2021. Till then, candidates will not be able to check their school placements.
The BECE school placement checker is only enabled to candidates who participated in the just-concluded BECE examination. Prospective Senior High School (SHS) students who wrote the Basic Education Certificate Examination can now check their school placement details.
Platform to Check SHS 2021 School Placement
The Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS), a system used by the Ghana Education Service (GES) to place qualified B.E.C.E graduates into Senior High School (SHS), Technical Institutes (TI) and Vocational Institutes in Ghana will allow the BECE graduates to see the schools they have been admitted to and program offered.
How is SHS school Self placement done?
There are three modes by which placement is done under the CSSPS: Automatic Placement, Self-Placement and Manual Placement. This is the process by which the CSSPS places the students by merit into one of their chosen schools in descending order. This is run automatically without any manual intervention.
Ways Of checking your BECE school placements 2021
There are actually three ways of checking your BECE school placements 2021. You can either check using your mobile phone or using an internet-enabled device. In this guide, we’ll take you through the two processes involved in checking your school placement.
To check their school placement, B.E.C.E / J.H.S graduates can TEXT their 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBER to the shortcode
1060 which works on MTN, Vodafone, Airtel, Tigocash, and Kasapa.
How do I get the eVoucher for BECE school placement?
There are some accredited placement checkers online where you can purchase the BECE placement checker. Some of them are:-
- Ghana Post
- Apex Bank
- Swift Africa Logistics Limited
- Face Dynamics
- Modello and Gem Limited
CLICK HERE to see list of approved SHS placement checker vendors.
You can buy Placement checker online using mobile money (ALL NETWORKS) and print them instantly. CLICK HERE TO BUY.
How to Check BECE School Placements Via Mobile Phone
IMPORTANTLY, this method might be obsolete with the 2021 school placement, so we recommend you use the CSSPS placement portal.
If the above method doesn’t work, simply dial *447*160# to get your placement on your phone.
Below are the steps to check your SHS placement.
Let us assume your index number is 9797979797
STEP 1: Go to Messages on your phone and initiate a new SMS/TEXT message.
STEP 2: Type your index number Eg: 9797979797 and send to short code 1060.
STEP 3: You will receive details of the school placement. (if this does not work, then go to STEP 4.)
STEP 4: Add the last two digits of your year of completion to the index number and send. EG: If you completed in 2021, type 979797979719 and send to 1060.
NOTE: Do not add any [SPACE] anywhere. No space before or after. Just text the 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBER to 1060 shortcode.
Also note that in STEP 4 above, the 9797979797 is the assumed index number and 19 is the year of completion. Those numbers are just for demonstration purposes.
NOTE: If the first step does not work try this
To access the portal the first thing to do is to get a pin code. Dial *713*24# to get the code on your phone and then log on to the site.”
In entering your index numbers must add 19 (e.g 979797979720), signifying the year of completion, “and then you go through the other instructions by inserting your serial number and pin and then your placement.
How to Check BECE Placement on PC
In order for you to check your CSSPS placement online, follow the steps below;
- The first step is to ensure you have the placement checker.
- Ensure that you have access to a computer that has Internet access.
- Using your computer, visit the CSSPS result checker online portal: http://www.cssps.gov.gh/ or https://www.cssps.org/
- Proceed to enter your BECE index number. It should be 10 digits. And also your year of examination. For example, if your index number is 1234567890 and the year of your examination is 2021, this is what you will input: 123456789020.
- On your checker, you will get a serial number. Enter the serial number found on top the scratch card in the field designated for it.
- Enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) that will also be found on the scratch card you had purchased.
- After you are done, you then click submit. Be patient and wait for the results window to pop up. If you are successful, the CSSPS placement checker print form option will appear. Click on print to print out your form.
If you are not placed into a school, proceed with the self-placement.
Problems Encountered When Checking Your BECE Placement
You might experience some problems when going through this process.
The most common problem is when you submit your details but the system seems not to recognize your details. So when messages like this pops up “Sorry the Index Number, Scratch Card Number/PIN Number does not exist. Please look carefully and retype.
Do not panic you will get the placement form eventually. Try again using the same scratch card. Do not be tempted to buy another scratch card because the fault is not on the scratch card.
Some of the reasons you might be experiencing challenges printing your admission forms include:
- Large number: When a lot of people are checking their results on the website, it slows down. Therefore, you shouldn’t panic but just be patient.
- Withheld results: You might also experience challenges if your results were received later than others. If the results are withheld, you can get them later so keep checking until you have them.
SHS Self Placement Helpline
For enquiries on 2021 PLACEMENT visit any of our solution centres or Call our help line
- Greater Accra – Black Star Square
- Volta and Oti – Mawuli SHS
- Ashanti – Kumasi Technical Institute
- Bono, Bono East, Ahafo – GES Regional Office, Sunyani
- Central – GES Regional Office, Cape Coast
- Western, Western North – GES Regional Office, Takoradi
- Eastern – GES Regional Office
- Northern, North East, Savanna – GES Regional Office, Tamale
- Upper East – GES Regional Office, Bolgatanga
- Upper West – GES Regional Office, Wa