Ashesi University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023
Overview Of Ashesi University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is an initiative to educate and prepare young people – especially from Africa – to lead change and make a positive social impact in their communities. The Scholars Program at Ashesi will provide young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education.
What is Mastercard Foundation Scholarship?
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is developing Africa’s next generation of leaders. The program allows students whose talent and promise exceed their financial resources to complete their education. … The Program provides financial, social, and academic support to Scholars.
Why at Ashesi University?
The university’s mission is to educate ethical, entrepreneurial leaders in Africa and to cultivate within students, the critical thinking skills, the concern for others, and the courage it will take to transform the continent.
Ashesi University MasterCard Foundation Brief Description
- University or Organization: Ashesi University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Financial support
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: African
- The award can be taken in Ghana
Ashesi University MasterCard Foundation Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: African students can apply for the grant.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject area offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: The sponsorship will be awarded to young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education.
Ashesi University MasterCard Foundation Benefits
- Students will receive financial support for fees, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
- Scholars will receive support during their transition into Ashesi, and the workforce, with mentoring, career counselling, internships and other life skills coaching.
How to Apply For Ashesi University MasterCard Foundation
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, applicants have to enrol in the bachelor’s degree program at the university via online or offline and submit it to Admissions Office Ashesi University College PMB CT3, Cantonments, Accra, Ghana or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: The university may ask you for personal essays and high school transcripts or report cards for at least six terms.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must be West African senior secondary certificate Examination (WASSCE). A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required and IGCSE (G.C.E. O-Level) passes including Mathematics, English, and Science are required together with at least three ‘A’ Level gives (with grade A-D).
- Language Requirement: When you come to study at Ashesi, you must be proficient in written and spoken the English language.
How do I get a Mastercard Foundation Scholarship?
Before you apply:
- Carefully research the Program website of the university of your choice to learn the specific details about eligibility criteria, requirements, deadlines, and other application instructions.
- Select the institution and program you want to apply to. While there is no limit to the number of schools you can apply to, it is important to note that it takes a great deal of effort to complete an application package.
- Prepare the necessary documents to submit. Each institution requires different types of documents as part of the application process. Failing to submit a document on time will result in an incomplete application.
- If applicable, take the required tests a few months before starting your application. Before being considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, every applicant must first meet the admissions requirements of the university. For some partners, tests like the SAT and/or TOEFL or IELTS are part of the standard requirements for all international students. Other university partners do not require these to be completed.
- Ask for references. Most universities will require recommendation letters. Before you apply, ask someone who knows you well, such as your teacher, mentor, or community leader, to support you with this step. Some universities will require the recommendation to be submitted online. In this case, it is the applicant’s responsibility to follow up with his/her referees about the online submission.