UG Nomination of Innovations for Submission to the “Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2018”
Nomination of Innovations for Submission to the “Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2018”
- Introduction: The Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation invites nominations of innovations to be considered for showcasing at the Innovating Education in Africa Expo 2018.
Please note: The main text for submission should be in Arial 11-point form with single line spacing.
- Format for submission
Submissions may be made in any one of the following formats.
- Project Summary: Individual innovators and organisations may submit a summary of projects, which are leading or have led to unique outcomes. Submissions should cover the problem being solved and solution offered. (Maximum 2 pages).
- Papers: Papers should represent original quality research with the potential for practical application. (Maximum – 5 pages, including references).
- Policy presentation proposals: A summary of innovations in policy which are leading to or have led to unique outcomes. The paper should cover the problem being targeted, solution offered and how the policy is innovative (Maximum 2 pages).
- Lightning Talks: Provide a short overview of a project, showcase a technology or its implementation, or highlight a key issue. (Maximum 1 page including references).
- Digital poster: Present visual representations of projects and development initiatives. (Maximum 1 page including references).
- Techno Expo: Demonstrate innovative projects or applications using instructional technology to communicate. You are required to provide live demonstrations of your project (i.e. video clip of not more than 3 minutes in length).
- Eligibility Criteria:
- The innovations must have demonstrated impact, with potential for wide dissemination in Africa;
- Applicant must consent to having their innovation shared across the continent for purposes of replication;
- Submissions must be made by the original author of the innovation or a senior official of the organisation that developed the innovation.
- Submission guideline:
- Kindly submit electronic copy via email to the Office of Research, innovation and Development (ORID) via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also submit n any of the specified formats at iea.edu-au.org/submit
- Deadline for submission: