2020 – 2021 Cut Off Points For Regional Maritime University
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO holders: Applicants must have credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in the following Three (3) Coresubjects: English, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in any three (3) elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 on the WASSCE scale or 24 on the SSSCE Scale or better.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) holders: Applicants must have credits in at least five G.C.E ‘O’ Level subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics plus at least three passes at Advanced Level.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders: Applicants must have full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. In addition, applicants must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or SSSCE or WASSCE or NECO. ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme.
Other Qualifications: Other qualifications including;
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum note of 10/20 in each of the relevant subjects.
- American Grades 12 with a Final Grade Point of at least 3.0.
- Combined IGCSE and Cambridge – GCE ‘A’ and ‘O’ levels holders must have three relevant subjects at the Cambridge ‘A’ Levels, in addition to at least five (5) passes including English and Mathematics at the Cambridge ‘O’ Level, etc. which are equivalent to WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO or GCE will be considered.
HND Holders: HND holders in Business related programmes with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division from recognized Tertiary Institutions may be admitted to level 300 and HND in other programmes will be admitted into level 200. Applicants must have at least two (2) years post-qualification working experience
(a) (B.Sc. LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT) with one year abroad.
The above programme is jointly run by the Regional Maritime University (RMU) and Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) China. The First, Second and Fourth years will be run at the Regional Maritime University, Ghana while the third year will be in Shanghai Maritime University (SMU), China. HOWEVER, TRAVELLING TO SMU IS NOT AUTOMATIC. IT IS SUBJECT TO OBTAINING CHINESE ENTRY VISA.
- Interested candidates must have the financial capability to pay for a return ticket to China and also their upkeep whilst in China.
- Applicants must not be more than 30 years at the commencement of the programme (August, 2018)
(b) B.Sc. LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT) without a year abroad
Applicants will pursue entire programme [i.e. year 1 to 4] at RMU, Ghana.
(iv) MATURE STUDENTS’ ENTRY ROUTE (ALL PROGRAMMES)
Applicants must be at least 25 years old, and would have to show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Applicant must also pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the University in (English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test).
NOTE: The Mature Entrance Examinations will be held on Friday, 10th August, 2018
- DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
DIPLOMA IN PORTS AND SHIPPING MANAGEMENT (REGULAR/WEEK-END)
- WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO holders: Applicants must have six  passes (A1-D7/A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and a minimum of C6 in three (3) passes in any elective subjects.
- G.C.E. ‘O’ Level Credit in five  subjects (including Mathematics & English Language), plus G.C.E. ‘A’ Level passes in any two (2) subjects.
- GBCE Candidates: credit passes (A-D) in five (5) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus two (2) relevant elective subjects.