Cut Off Points For HTU Admission Forms 2022/2023
Cut Off Points For HTU Admission Forms 2022/2023 ; Ho Technical University In Ghana Cut off points 2021 is used to determine who gets admitted into Ho technical University and which course the person is offered
Cut Off Points For HTU Admission Forms 2022/2023 – ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- I. SSSCE HOLDERS
- Six Passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics: and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
- WASSCE HOLDERS
- Six Passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
III. DBS HOLDERS
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
- ABCE/’O’&’A’ LEVEL HOLDERS
- Five (5) GBCE credits of five (5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- GBCE HOLDERS
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
- TECHNICIAN PART II/III HOLDERS
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
VII. TECHNICAL SCHOOL (CERTIFICATE II) HOLDERS
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
VII. MATURE CANDIDATES:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in relevant area)
- And/or pass an interview.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
- C. NON-TERTIARY PROGRAMMES AND ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- ADVANCED FASHION
Course Duration: 2 YEARS for applicants with qualifications (i) and (ii)
- Pass in Intermediate Fashion/NVTI Grade One; OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with passes in four (4) subjects including English, Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art.
- MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART I (MVT I) / AGRIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART I
Course Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
- Pass in General Course in Engineering.
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics Work (MVW)
- Agricultural Mechanics; OR
- Credit in 825/1 Internal Combustion Engine Work and 825/2 Vehicle Work. OR
- 815/1 Motor Vehicles Craft Work and a minimum of TWO YEARS relevant Industrial Experience.
- MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART II (MVT II)/ AGRIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART II
Course Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
- Motor Vehicle Technician Part I Certificate or
- Agricultural Engineering Technician Part I.
- CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART I (CTC I)– Course Duration:1 YEAR
SSSCE / WASSCE Applicants
- Passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Core Science plus two (2) relevant Technical or Science elective subjects. OR
- General Course in Construction (G.C.C.) Certificate. OR
- Advanced Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery (C&J) or Painting and Decorating (P&D) or Block-laying and Concreting (B&C).
- CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART II (CTC II)–Course Duration:1 YEAR
- Applicants must have Construction Technician Part I Certificate.
- CERTIFICATE II PROGRAMME – Course Duration: 2 years
- Passes in two core subjects i.e Mathematics, English, integrated Science/Core Science/Agriculture Science plus passes in any two (2) relevant electives
- Cookery N.V.T.I Grade 1&2 Certificate holders
- DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (ACCOUNTING, SECRETARYSHIP, MARKETING, MANAGEMENT AND STATISTICS OPTIONS)
- Passes in (4) subjects: i.e. English, Mathematics and any other two relevant subjects.
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE APPLICANTS
- Four (4) passes at General Business Certificate Examination (RSA II) including English Language and Business Communication.
- DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – Course Duration: 2 years
- SSSCE: 3 credits or better with passes in English Language or Mathematics.
- WASSCE: 3 credits or better with passes in English Language or Mathematics.
- General Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) with passes in English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidates with 2 passes or more in DBS will do one (1) year only.
- EEE TECHNICIAN PART III(Course Duration – 1 Year)
- Applicants must have EEE Technician Part II Certificate
- EEE TECHNICIAN PART II (Course Duration -1 Year)
- Passes in 3 courses in EET I
- Advanced Electrical Installation (Course C) Certificate.
- Passes in Core English Language, Core Mathematics, Core Science / Integrated Science and elective subjects including Physics, Mathematics and either Chemistry or Applied Electricity OR Electronics OR Biology.
- Technical Drawing is acceptable in place of Chemistry.
- In all five (5) subjects with aggregate 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
- EEE TECHNICIAN PART I
- Passes in Electrical Installation Works (Course B) Certificate
- Passes in Core English Language, Mathematics, Science /Integrated Science plus 2 passes in elective Mathematics and either Physics, Applied Electricity, or Electronics or Technical Drawing.
- PRE-HND ACCESS COURSE FOR TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL SCHOOL GRADUATES
The duration of this programme is one year. It is designed for graduates of Technical and Vocational Institutions who have successfully completed their programmes of study and wish to pursue an HND programme in the University.
- Applicants should posses a minimum qualification of Intermediate or Craft Certificate or its equivalent in the relevant area of study.
- Students with SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C6) in any two relevant electives.
Successful Pre-HND candidates will proceed to enroll in any of the following Programmes:
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Automobile Engineering
- HND Building and Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HND Fashion Design & Textile
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Hotel, Catering & Institutional Management
- HND Food Technology
COST OF E-VOUCHERS FOR BTECH, HND AND NON-TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
E-vouchers can be obtained from any networked branches of GCB, Zenith Bank, ADB and Post Office at the following costs:
Bachelor of Technology Applicants – GH¢150
HND Applicants – GH¢140
Mature Applicants – GH¢150
Non-Tertiary Applicants – GH¢140
International Applicants – USD 100 (To be paid on admission)
NOTE: All mature applicants will pay an additional amount of GH¢100.00 on or before the day of the Entrance Examinations at the University campus. The GH¢ 100.00 will cover the cost of the Entrance Examinations.
Further Information To This Topic>HTU Online Application 2022/2023