KNUST Call for Participation
The KNUST Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis (LISA) of the College of Science in collaboration with the LISA2020 Network and USAID, invites application to its maiden workshop on “Building Capacity of Female Scientists in Data Analysis for Decision Making and Strategic Planning” from qualified females.
The training workshop is designed to build data analysis and interpretation capacity for policy, decision making and strategic planning. It is also to develop leadership skills and provide a mentoring platform for women drawn from the fields of Health, Environmental Science, Physical Science and Engineering. Thus creating institutional statistical analysis and data science capacity to enable and accelerate local solutions for local development challenges.
- Call for participation: February 15th – 15th March, 2019
- Workshop I, first session (Resident): 1st – 5th April, 2019
- On the job evaluation: June, 2019
- Workshop II, second session (Resident): 4th – 8th November, 2019
- LISA Centre, Third Floor, Casely Hayford Building, KNUST
- use data to answer practical questions
- translate insights into actionable recommendations
- communicate clearly and persuasively with decision-makers
- certificate of participation
- early to middle career women, preferably with some management level experience
- must be currently affiliated with a government establishment or research institute
- working in the area of health, environmental science, physical science or engineering
- willingness to commit to the full training schedule and a post-training evaluation
- computer literate
Application Process & Requirements:
- complete an online here!
- two letters of recommendation
- current resume
- passport-sized photograph
The workshop is completely free, the package covers cost of transportation, accommodation and feeding.
For further queries:
- +233 509 314 213; +233 279 293 634
Sponsors & Collaborators:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- LISA2020, University of Colorado Boulder
- Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI)
- Women in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (WiSTEMGh)
- School of Public Health (SPH), KNUST