AirtelTigo 2019 Current Vacant Position For IT Project Officer
• The successful candidate for this role will join our Project Management Team as the IT Project Officer. (S)He will report to the IT PMO and will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. S(He) will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Define IT project objectives, scopes and schedules;
• Develop and maintain IT detailed project plans and controls;
• Co-ordinate stakeholders, including external suppliers, and working groups engaged in IT project work;
• Identify cross-functional blocking points and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and service delivery goals;
• Monitor and report IT projects progress, risks and performances;
• Adhere to AirtelTigo PM Policies, procedures and methodologies;
• Manage, control and execute CAPEX for IT Projects.
Strategy & Planning
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders;
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner;
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis;
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools;
• Track project milestones and deliverables;
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas;
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle;
• Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements;
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals;
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary;
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and liaise with HR to resource if necessary, during project cycle.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end;
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents;
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel;
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team;
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path;
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations;
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans;
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work;
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A University degree in any field with emphasis on Computer Science, Information Technology related field (System Engineering, Information Systems Engineering, Network Systems Engineering);
• PMP certified preferred;
• A minimum of Five (5) years’ experience working in the IT industry (Telecom preferably);
• A minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in Software development (including PAAS/SAAS) and SOA Architecture;
• Excellent knowledge of project management principles;
• At least a minimum of Three (3) years of UML experience;
• Proven experience in managing projects. (Telecom preferably);
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in Business Processes for Telco’s (eTOM Model preferably)
• Strong knowledge and solid experience in processes and applications;
• Knowledge in developing and maintaining ITIL policies and procedures;
• Good understanding of Telecommunication and computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities;
• Experience in link and apply complex technologies to business strategies.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 21 October, 2019
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; Simplicity, Transparency, and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.