International Medical and Technological University Admission 2020 – 2021
The International Medical and Technological University (IMTU) is a private university established in 1995 by the Vignan Educational Foundation (VEF) to promote the spirit of South-South cooperation. The VEF of Bangalore moved with establishing the university in Tanzania at the behest of the Late Mwalimu Julius K Nyerere, the First President of the country.
IMTU was inaugurated by Shri. I.K. Gujral, then the Honorable Prime Minister of India on September 17, 1997. IMTU was visited by His Excellency Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalaam, then the President of India in 2005 during his official visit to Tanzania.
1. Ordinary Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery
2. Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery
2. BSc MLT
3. BSc Nursing
I) Internal Medicine
II) Paediatrics and Child Health
III) Obstetrics and Gynecology
2. M.Sc in Anatomy
Direct Entry Qualifications:
All Applications are directly submitted to IMTU. The following are the minimum direct entry qualifications:
- Three principal passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum entry of 8 points. Whereby one must have at least C grade in Chemistry and Biology and at least D grade in Physics.
All equivalent applicants may apply for the MBBS program of IMTU if they meet the requirements stated below.
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with at least Five (5) passes including two credit passes in Chemistry and Biology and a D grade in Physics PLUS appropriate Diploma or Advanced Diploma with an average of “B+’’ or GPA of 3.5
- BSc (lower second or above) majoring in Physics or Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology.
Holders of Foreign Qualifications:
All applicants holding foreign qualifications must have their qualifications validated and equated by respective regulatory bodies such as Commission for Science and Technology (COSTEC) before submitting their applications for admissions as follows.
- The National Examination Council of Tanzania in respect of Certificate of Secondary Education ; and
- The National Council for Technical Education in respect of NTA Level qualification.
- Holders of MBBS or MD with B grade in the specialty of study.
- Must have successfully completed Internship and one year of service post internship
International Medical and Technological University Contact Details
P.O. Box 77594,
Dar es Salaam,