2023 PRASA Bursaries / Scholarships Opportunities In SA
You can search Bursaries / Scholarships by selecting relevant criteria in the Links Below for 2023 PRASA Current Bursaries / Scholarships Opportunities In SA
The main objective and main business of PRASA is to:
- Ensure that, at the request of the Department of Transport, for rail commuter services are provided within, to and from the Republic in the public interest, and
- Provide, in accordance with the Department of Transport, for long haul passenger rail and bus services within, to and from the Republic in terms of the principles set out in section 4 of the National Land Transport Transition Act, 2000 (Act No. 22 of 2000)
The second objective and secondary business of PRASA is that:
- PRASA shall generate income from the exploitation of assets acquired by it, which include real estate and property portfolio.
- A further requirement is that, in carrying out its objectives and business, PRASA shall have due regard for key Government, social, economic and transport imperatives and policy objectives.
As a public entity, Government initiatives remain a strategy driver for PRASA. This is manifested through legislation, government policies and strategies, such as:
- National Transport Policy
- Public Transport Strategy
- Legislation such as the National Land Transport Act
- Green Paper on Rail, and
- Economic Strategy and Job creation initiatives
Contact Details For PRASA Current Bursaries / Scholarships Opportunities In SA
+27 12 748 7000