2023 MOLG Scholarships Opportunities In Uganda
2023 MOLG Scholarships Opportunities In Uganda ; You can search Scholarships by selecting relevant criteria in the Links Below for 2023 MOLG Current Scholarships Opportunities
As part of its long-term policy to ensure political and social harmony, enhance economic growth and alleviate poverty, Government of Uganda embarked on a far reaching program of decentralization reform. The reform initiative, as introduced in 1993 was an outcome of a review of the erstwhile resistance council system and related statutory instruments, borne out of the desire to make local governments effective centers of decision making and public service delivery.
Objectives of the Decentralization Policy:
The primary objectives of this policy are to:
- Transfer real power to local governments and, thus, reduce the work load on remote and under-resourced central officials;
- Bring political and administrative control over services to actual delivery points, thereby improving accountability and effectiveness, and promoting people’s feelings of ownership of programmes executed in their respective local governments;
- Free local managers from central constraints and, among other things, allow them to develop organizational structures tailored to local circumstances;
- Improve financial accountability and responsibility by establishing a clear link between payment of taxes and provision of taxes; and
- Improve the capacities of the Councils to plan, finance and manage the delivery of services to their respective constituents.
- To promote Local Economic Development (LED) in order to enhance peoples’ incomes.
Contact Details For Current MOLG Scholarships Opportunities In Uganda
Ministry of Local Government
2nd Floor, Southern Wing
P.O. Box 7037, Kampala
Tel: +256-041 341224
Fax: +256-041 258127/347339