5 Career Benefits of A Mechanical Engineer
To Enjoy the 5 Career Benefits of A Mechanical Engineer , Study In One of the Top Mechanical Engineering schools In Ghana and Also follow the guide below.
In this guide, we’ll be looking at the list of universities offering Mechanical Engineering in Ghana. We’ll also look at career opportunities for Mechanical Engineering in Ghana as well as the requirements of becoming a recognized Mechanical Engineer in Ghana.
What Is Mechanical Engineering ?
Mechanical engineering is an engineering branch that combines engineering physics and mathematics principles with materials science to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. It is one of the oldest and broadest of the engineering branches.
The mechanical engineering field requires an understanding of core areas including mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, materials science, structural analysis, and electricity. In addition to these core principles, mechanical engineers use tools such as computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and product lifecycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices, weapons, and others. It is the branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of machinery
Who Is A Mechanical Engineer ?
Mechanical engineers research, design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal devices, including tools, engines, and machines.
Mechanical engineers typically do the following:
- Analyze problems to see how mechanical and thermal devices might help solve the problem.
- Design or redesign mechanical and thermal devices using analysis and computer-aided design.
- Develop and test prototypes of devices they design.
- Analyze the test results and change the design as needed.
- Oversee the manufacturing process for the device.
Mechanical engineers design and oversee the manufacturing of many products ranging from medical devices to new batteries. They also design power-producing machines such as electric generators, internal combustion engines, and steam and gas turbines as well as power-using machines, such as refrigeration and air-conditioning systems.
Like other engineers, mechanical engineers use computers to help create and analyze designs, run simulations and test how a machine is likely to work.
Here Are the 5 Career Benefits of A Mechanical Engineer
Secure your future
Mechanical engineering is a secure career with a bright, long-term future:
- In the UK alone, there will be 1.86m new job openings for engineers by 2020.
- There is already a shortage of qualified engineers, meaning higher salaries and more options for those who are qualified.
Reap the rewards
Mechanical engineers earn good salaries – well above the national average:
- The average starting salary for an engineering graduate is £26,536 (the second highest of all graduates after medicine and dentistry).
- Apprentices who become Engineering Technicians earn on average £40,000.
- With experience and professional qualifications, you could earn a basic salary of around £70,000 as a Chartered Engineer.
Get to the top
Mechanical engineers have lots of options for career progression:
- 85% of engineering graduates go on to further study.
- More experience and qualifications lead to more responsibility and higher salaries.
- 33% of the world’s most successful companies have a leader with a background in engineering (e.g. Microsoft, Amazon and General Motors). Engineers are valued for their transferable skills.
Make your mark
Mechanical engineers make a real difference:
- You could help solve some of the biggest global challenges facing humanity, like climate change, cyber security, ageing populations, food, clean water and energy.
- Or you could create an invention that changes the world.
Do anything, anywhere
Mechanical engineers work all over the world, in countless industries:
- Becoming a mechanical engineer could take you to some interesting places – oil rigs, deserts, the Antarctic, the deep sea.
- Mechanical engineering qualifications and experience are like having a passport to work in many different industries and countries.
In Conclusion , In Other Enjoy the above career benefits of a Mechanical Engineer you need to study in one of the top mechanical engineering schools >>>>Browse The top 4 mechanical engineering schools In Ghana Here