UENR 2020 Scholarship Application For Postgraduates
UENR 2020 Scholarship Application For Postgraduates In Sustainable Energy Engineering
The School of Engineering, University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR), Sunyani has received funding from the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) through the West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL), Accra to implement a project titled ‘Hybrid Waste-to-Energy as a Sustainable Solution for Ghana’. The School intends to apply part of this funding to train postgraduate students in sustainable energy engineering in a bid to tackling the problem of waste management as well as power management in Ghana.
Through the West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use (WASCAL), the grant is aimed at training postgraduate students in sustainable energy engineering in a bid to tackling the problem of waste management as well as power management in Ghana.
The grant research areas focus on:
- Hybrid Waste-to-Energy as a Sustainable Solution for Ghana
- Waste management and Power Management
NB: The funding is expected to cover Tuition Fees, Accommodation and Research Grant. Payment of stipend will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree with First or Second Class (Upper Division), preferably in Agricultural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering, or related programmes.
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years by 1st November 2020.
How to Apply:
- Purchase e-voucher at the following points:
a) Finance Directorate, UENR Main Campus, Sunyani
b) UENR ACCRA OFFICE, located in the NCTE Building on the Trinity Avenue near Bawaleshi traffic light, East Legon (Contact person: Mr. Richard Hammond, Tel: 0246565451).
c) GCB Bank Branches Nationwide.
d) Ghana Post Offices Nationwide
- Upon payment of the application fee, candidates will receive an e-Voucher containing an application number and PIN that will grant access to the online admissions portal.
- Candidates should then proceed to online admissions website https://admissions.uenr.edu.gh and begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT 2 COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by courier) to the Department of Energy and Petroleum Engineering, UENR, Sunyani through:
The School Secretary
School of Graduate Studies
Box 214, Sunyani – Ghana
- Two passport sized photographs
- Detailed CV and two letters of reference
- Official transcripts and certificates of BSc degree
- A letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) outlining why you want to undertake the study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialisation, current occupation, how the programme will fit into your professional vision, and how your country stands to benefit after your training.
- A short concept note (max. 3 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea related to bioresources conversion to energy.
ELECTRONIC COPIES of completed application forms and supporting documents MUST be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be considered.
Deadline for submission of application forms is Friday, 30th October 2020.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview.
For further inquiries, contact Dr. Edward Awafo on: