Germany 2021 DAAD / ZMT Doctoral Scholarship Open
Germany 2021 DAAD / ZMT Doctoral Scholarship Open For For Sub-Saharn African Students – Apply Now
DAAD/ZMT Doctoral Scholarship Germany – for Sub-Saharn African Students is open for Sub-Saharan African Students. The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Biogeochemistry, Geology, Theoretical Ecology, Social Sciences taught at Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research . The deadline of the scholarship is 20 Dec 2020.
DAAD/ZMT Doctoral Scholarship Germany – for Sub-Saharn African Students is available to undertake PhD level programs at Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research.
Applicants from Sub-Sahara Africa.
The scholarships will be granted for up to 4 years (upon successful evaluation each year) and will be granted directly by the DAAD.
The scholarship includes:
- a scholarship installment of currently €1,200 per month
- travel allowance
- payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- a research allowance of currently € 460 per year
- a preparatory intensive German language course starting in Summer 2021
- under certain circumstances, grant holders may receive monthly allowance for accompanying family members (about €200 child allowance per child and about €275 marriage allowance)
- Research Stays abroad are possible if they do not take longer than 25% of the scholarship period.
- Applicants need to originate from Sub-Sahara Africa.
- They need to hold a university degree (international degrees must be equivalent to German “Diploma”, “Magister” or “Master”).
- The last final exam (Master’s degree or equivalent) must have taken place no longer than six years ago.
- At the time when DAAD receives the nomination letter (March 2021), applicants must not have resided in Germany for more than 15 months prior to the nomination.
- ZMT strives to increase the proportion of women in research and encourages females to apply for these positions.
- Eligible Fields: The doctoral projects of the scholarship holders are based on one of the following ZMT departments and one working group. The working group leader acts as main scientific supervisors.
Interested and eligible candidates should proceed to submit your application under the following link until the specified deadline. Application should be accompanied with the below listed documents.
- Document Requirements:
- Personal details
- Your CV (max 2 pages)
- Concept of your Doctoral project related to the above mentioned topic: max 2-page. This concept has to be discussed and approved by a ZMT workgroup leader before submitting it. Please contact the ZMT workgroup leader beforehand.
- Application of support from ZMT workgroup leader.
- Letter of Reference from 2 referees (according to this template)
- Letter of Motivation (Why would you like to pursue a doctoral project at ZMT? Why do you think the suggested working groups could fit your interests?) – max 1 page
- Master and Bachelor degree certificates