Kinross Gold Corporation Recruitment 2021
Kinross Gold Corporation Recruitment – Apply Now
Kinross Gold Corporation has published new recruitment opportunities for 2021….See Full details below
Overview of Kinross Gold Corporation
Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold and silver mining company founded in 1993 and headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Kinross currently operates eight active gold mines and was ranked fourth of the “10 Top Gold-mining Companies” of 2017 by InvestNews.
The following positions are available at Kinross Gold Corporation . Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
Available Kinross Gold Corporation Recruitment Application 2021 Positions & Details
Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Superintendent
To ensure the efficient supervision and control of Electrical Maintenance Team by allocating and managing resources (people and equipment) to attain production and engineering objectives.
Responsible for the development and implementation of all electrical, instrumentation, communication and controls aspects of Electrical Maintenance functions through the application of operational policies, standards, and procedures in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the organizational strategic objectives.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, ensures safety at each work place
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program
- Develop and implement effective electrical and instrumentation standards and procedures
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Review the operation of equipment and systems constantly, to minimise unplanned downtimes, anticipate problems timely and identify opportunities for improvement
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local codes
- Efficiently perform preventive, breakdown, project, refurbishment repairs and assign electrical maintenance staff according to work requirements and priorities.
- Train team members in all areas of major responsibility to promote succession planning
- Perform periodical and scheduled inspection programs to maintain CGML assets and infrastructure according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards and keep them in a good condition.
- Ensure Consultants & Contractors are performing according to contractual obligations with CGML
- Coordinate with the planning section to set/review required maintenance/repair plans, maintenance schedules and strategies
- College Degree/Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Certificate of competency as an Engineering Superintendent from MINCOM
- Engineering Manager’s Certificate of competency from MINCOM will be an advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in a mining environment; at least 4 years in a Senior Electrical /Management role
- Additional specialized training or education in business and project management, operations management, safety and risk assessment or continuous improvement is required
- Experience in Electrical related projects, Maintenance, Power Systems, Fixed Plants and Electrical Wiring Regulations
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations
- Must have thorough understanding of electrical maintenance and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level
- Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, excel, power-point and outlook.
- Has the skill of planning, deciding priorities and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues, other Departments and Government Authorities
- Well-developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to prepare estimates, tender document specifications for any Electrical works, and analyze offers to recommend the best option
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.