Current Progressive Edge Consulting Recruitment For 2021
Progressive Edge Consulting Recruitment – Apply Now
Progressive Edge Consulting has published new recruitment opportunities for 2021….See Full details below
Overview of Progressive Edge Consulting
Progressive Edge Consulting
Is a Boutique firm specializing in Tech & Data related recruitment and headhunting services across the Cape Town Area.
We actively seek out the most innovative and progressive companies & projects within the Cape Town area an connect them with leading IT and technical talent from around the country.
Available Progressive Edge Consulting Application 2021 Positions & Details
The following positions are available at Progressive Edge Consulting. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
Progressive Edge Consulting Recruitment For Automation Engineer (Senior)
Working arrangement: Hybrid, work from home & office. Will need to be based in Cape town or willing to relocate
An established software company with clients all over the world seeks an enthusiastic, skilled, experienced automation engineer to join the R&D team in Cape Town.
The team focuses on the product engineering and quality assurance of the companies product, an enterprise suite of software, used by major natural resource companies and government agencies around the world.
We are looking for smart, curious people who can get things done. You would join an established and welcoming team that is expanding its product suite (using RESTful web APIs and Angular SPAs) which requires a commensurate increase in automated testing capability.
The company offers a challenging, engaging and edifying environment, applying both new and proven technologies to solve practical problems that make a difference in the world.
- c# : 3 to 4 years
- regression testing : 2 to 3 years
- sql : 3 to 4 years
- automation testing : 4 to 5 years
- unit testing : 2 to 3 years
- test cases : 2 to 3 years
- test plans : 2 to 3 years
- Automation scripting : 4 to 5 years
- · 4 to 7 years of combined experience working on large scale Enterprise IT projects as a Test Automation Engineer, Software Engineer or equivalent role
- · Proven understanding of testing concepts through the software development lifecycle (unit, performance, regression) and capability to write effective test cases and test plans
- · Proven ability to implement automated functional testing, integration testing and load / performance testing
- · Exposure to case management and version control systems
- · Good knowledge of test automation frameworks such as Atata with Selenium web
- · drivers, as well as C# or an equivalent scripting environment
- · Understanding of RESTful web APIs and web application architecture
- · Structured Query Language (SQL)
- · Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- · Automated test development within the web environment
Progressive Edge Consulting Recruitment For Lead Android Developer
In the role of Android Mobile Developer your deep specialised knowledge of systems development and testing combined with mobile customer applications will be a key success factor. Your collaborative technical guidance and mentorship will ensure a high quality of code and performance is maintained. You will foster a high performing mobile team and work closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts and Solution Architects and other cross functional teams and stakeholders in co-creating sustainable mobile experiences.
Configuration and creation of technical components and services required to deliver online customer facing features.
· Possess a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits.
· Design, build and maintain the next generation of our mobile applications.
· Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
· Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
· Analyze and understand business and customer requirements in the context of the current business environment and future opportunities.
· Set up and maintenance of the technical infrastructure.
· Develop and document design and maintain the source base.
· Create conceptual, logical and physical solutions, using appropriate coding techniques and methodologies.
· Identify and implement suitable coding solution(s) and alternatives that address the business needs/requirements of key stakeholders from the business, solution delivery and operations areas to meet and exceed customer expectations.
· Attention to detail. Adhere to standard coding practices and maintain development principles and quality compliance criteria to deliver according to commitments.
· Integrate design for maintainability, scalability and efficiency.
· Coordinate with Architects and business stakeholders to determine functionalities.
· Complete deliverables throughout the system development life cycle for compliance according to an agreed plan.
· Work within the frameworks of Agile (SCRUM) methodologies.
Successful delivery of development projects and changes as required.
· Work as part of a team without close supervision. Facilitate networks and work closely with external agencies and other third-party suppliers to provide input to design to ensure technical viability.
· Complete deliverables throughout the system development lifecycle for compliance according to agreed plan.
· Work within the framework Agile methodologies and/or other agreed cross-functional team ways of working ,
· Ensure a thoughtful and clear understanding of program and project goals and needs through thorough engagement with different stakeholders.
· Perform adequate project risk assessments by considering all technical and other interdependencies Identify and prioritise of project risks.
· Setup best practices and processes for new team inclusive of defining and performing code reviews.
· Detect critical deficiencies and recommend improvements.
Provide technical input and guidance into online channel evolution by keeping up to date with relevant technology.
· Provide active technical advice to the team, IT and other business stakeholders.
· Play a leading role in maintaining best of breed development standards for technologies and solutions.
· Research, understand and stay up to date with current trends in Information Technology and specifically lead the technical competency within your area of expertise.
· Actively share insights and information with relevant stakeholders and team.
Guidance, Mentoring and coaching the development team
· Provide technical leadership in DSL to team, identify knowledge and skills gaps and actively devise learning strategies to develop the team as required including areas such as new DSL, business awareness, problem solving.
· Inspire the team to take accountability for their technical delivery and participation in the full IT team and foster an open environment that seeks to receive and provide regular feedback at individual, team and management levels.
- android development : 4 to 5 years
- mobile development : 3 to 4 years
- general development : 8 to 9 years
- android sdk : 3 to 4 years
Qualifications and experience
· Experience in general software development, testing and standards development. This includes the practical ability in developing applications using multiple programming languages, frameworks and technologies such as: Java, Kotlin and Hybrid Mobile Development (React Native).
· 3-5 years experience in a senior developer role with specific exposure to mentoring and coaching a team of developers
· Deep understanding of fragmentation within the Android Ecosystem and the need to pay special attention to application compatibility.
· Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
· Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
· Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning.
· Strong knowledge of Android design principles, patterns and best practices.
· Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
· Familiarity with native build tools, like Android Studio, Gradle
· Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment
· Exposure to and an understanding of Corporate, Customer interfacing environment in a similar role (non sector specific) – essential
· Any additional experience in technical solutions support with exposure to both waterfall and agile projects in DevOps with the Agile/Scrum Tool set, preferably Atlassian – highly beneficial
- Work with the development teams and product managers to design software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front end of the applications
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective API’s (REST / GraphQL)
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- react.js : 1 to 2 years
- spring boot : 1 to 2 years
- react native : 1 year or less
- Java / Kotlin : 2 to 3 years
- Spring or Springboot : 2 to 3 years
- NodeJS, Express
- Experience with Relational Database and NoSQL databases
- Android Development, IOS Development, Hybrid Mobile Development (React Native)
- Linux, Docker, Kubernetes
- CI/CD (eg Jenkins, TeamCity, Azure Pipelines etc)
Progressive Edge Consulting Recruitment For Senior Data Analyst (Retail)
- Best practice research and adoption: in-store retail operations data mining and analysis.
- Build an understanding of the company’s data landscape, particularly as it pertains to the in-store retails operations context.
- Participate in defining business problems with appropriate questions and by proposing a specific analysis approach (full data pipeline).
- Apply sound data methods, integration and programming. Apply deeper data exploration and correlation analysis including building and deploying data models.
- Participate in identifying and adopting appropriate technology.
- As a subject matter expert, demonstrate a deep understanding of in-store retail operations and associated operational processes, products and pricing strategies.
- Become an expert in identifying clear and accurate data points that enable proactive data analytics that support operational analysis and planning inputs.
- Understand the business requirements including channel, segment and local sales performance – example: building a base of successful sales campaigns that can be replicated in similar formats and contexts in future.
- Use the data and operational analysis inputs to build short- and longer-term planning roadmaps to prepare business stakeholders and stores for any changes or new ways of working.
- Work with the local teams to obtain input, and support the local teams with urgent data insights to support successful operational execution / to achieve targets.
- Work with business counterparts on operational readiness activities to ensure that necessary training and procedure updates have occurred.
- Monitor all planning and execution activities – provide performance reports and input to reports and presentations that communicate the analysis undertaken, planning activities derived from the analysis, costing models applied and outcome of execution.
- Work cross-functionally and actively participate in open and honest team discussions.
- Maintain alignment across the team during analysis, planning and execution.
- Monitor and assess competitors’ activity in data mining particularly as it relates to data analysis.
- Monitor and assess global best practices in data mining particularly as it relates to data analysis.
- Spend time in stores to appreciate the nature of process flows and a first hand account of what’s working and could potentially be improved.
- Investigate, identify and categorise all data sources with particular attention to data that relates to or could relate to customer data and/or potentially apply to in-store retail operations context within the larger data pipeline.
- Evaluate the customer data landscape in terms of opportunities to unlock value by taking a data mining approach.
- Put in place a process to maintain the evolving data landscape.
- Identify the primary in-store retail operations drivers and the appropriate analysis approach to categorise, define, dissect and interpret them. Applications could include areas that hold a specific relationship with the in-store retail operations context: Workforce Management data, Supply chain analytics, Customer trends, behaviours and preferences, Marketing mix analytics, Price optimisation, Product recommendation, Fraud detection and prevention.
- Work with the analysts applied statistics to explore the data and create and initial understanding of the problem and the data available to answer it.
- Adhere to internal documentation, processes, protocols and standards.
- Drive continuous improvement within team and workshop solutions to existing processes and challenges.
- Apply sound data administration and analysis to ensure the quality and thoroughness of data.
- Write business requirements/modifications to transform and data into common formats.
- Write business requirements/modifications to create common report and graphical formats.
- Prepare, publish and provide commentary for standing reports and dashboards on time against daily, weekly, monthly and annual deadlines.
- Evaluate/investigate the quality/integrity/trend of data based on historical trends and industry norms.
- Where appropriate manipulate data independently and present findings to the business
- Work with the business to identify and prepare data for data mining or creating statistical models
- Assist the business with putting in place reporting and analysis to monitor model performance
- Communicate/Conceptualize and interpret the data status and issues to internal teams.
- Ensure stability of the existing systems environment by implementing solutions and data models that do not compromise operational stability – use data to determine or identify potential conflicts.
- Participate in post implementation reviews using data to inform the discussion
- Work closely with solution architects, systems analysts and project managers in the design of solutions, data orientated opportunities etc.
- Together with the data mining team engage the most appropriate stakeholders in the business and IT to obtain input and agreement on alternatives that are presented.
- Provide insights and recommendations.
- data analysis : 3 to 4 years
- python : 1 to 2 years
- r : 1 year or less
- data analytics skills : 4 to 5 years
- Retail specific analysis : 2 to 3 years
- Degree or diploma in commerce, information or computer science discipline or equivalent – (preferred) but not essential if you have the right track record of delivery: specifically in the area of in-store retail operations orientated, full pipeline data analytics.
- Ideally a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in data and analytics in the FMCG Retail environment with great practical experiences and exposures in all facets of retail ideally in a fast paced and evolving environment. Must be operationally equipped and understand the immediate practical data inputs that make up a sound data framework in this retail context – (essential)
- Solid Advanced Microsoft Suite with Excel (advanced) – (essential)
- Report writing skills in Tableau software or similar – (essential)
- Strong understanding of data mining models, structures, theories, principles and practices
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing – (essential)
- AWS / cloud – (preferred)
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to the collection, storage and exploitation of customer data – (essential)
- Knowledge of data structures relevant to both operational and business intelligence systems – (essential)
- Skill in using the open-source statistical package R, Python or similar – (essential)
- Skills in using SQL in the data mining process, particularly for data preparation – (essential)
- Presentation skills using Microsoft Office 365 powerpoint – (essential)
- Google (Gmail, sheets, docs, slides etc.) – (preferred)
- Self-motivated and driven with strong integrity – take accountability for actions and mistakes.
- Can do attitude and Inspirational teamwork – a positive team member / planning lead who serves the team and shows an appreciation for a happy team environment, ability to coach and mentor others.
- A passion for retail (FMCG) – sound channel and customer knowledge & understanding to develop effective in-store retail operations analysis.
- Amazing flair for in-store retail analytics – generating options/alternatives, creating plans and making relevant connections to performance and commercial impacts.
- Applying expertise and technology – delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Retail orientated Financial acumen – Cost modelling, process, system and reporting activities as required.
- Strong relationships – including interpersonal skills and EQ at all levels, with all stakeholders. Build relationships both internally and externally. Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback. Think and act independently as well as collaboratively.
- Good balance between strategic and tactical mindset – able to research and integrate new options with immediate and longer term business benefit but also jump into operational mode where urgent and immediate activities take priority in the day-to-day practical context.
- Operational efficiency – able to spread themselves across multiple tasks simultaneously by working smartly, efficiently and effectively. Diligently staying on top of the details and understanding how they fit into the big picture. Process driven and methodical.
- Time management – ability to prioritise a high volume of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced unpredictable environment. Identify the urgent & important tasks and priorities to ensure delivery to client and other stakeholders.
- Strong project/planning management – planning, and organization skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Strong integrator – proven ability lead and drive cross functional work teams and projects.
- Practical solution-orientated – thinks outside of the box. Sound judgment, quick decision-making and the ability to generate both short- and long-term solutions that serve the flow of work and deadlines.
- Exceptional communication – approachable, adopts a range of influencing and negotiation styles to facilitate and deal with challenges internally and externally