UNICEF Ghana Recruitment 2021
UNICEF Ghana Recruitment – Apply Now
UNICEF Ghana has published new recruitment opportunities for 2021….See Full details below
Overview of UNICEF Ghana
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children in countries that had been devastated by World War II. The Polish physician Ludwik Rajchman is widely regarded as the founder of UNICEF and served as its first chairman from 1946. On Rajchman’s suggestion, the American Maurice Pate was appointed its first executive director, serving from 1947 until his death in 1965. In 1950, UNICEF’s mandate was extended to address the long-term needs of children and women in developing countries everywhere. In 1953 it became a permanent part of the United Nations System, and the words “international” and “emergency” were dropped from the organization’s name, making it simply the United Nations Children’s Fund, retaining the original acronym, “UNICEF”.
The following positions are available at UNICEF Ghana. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
Available UNICEF Ghana Application 2021 Positions & Details
Job Title: National Consultant – Financing Consultant, Basic Sanitation Fund
Specific Tasks include
Accelerating BSF loan disbursement for financing household toilets
• Support Apex Bank and RCBs in improving fund disbursement and recovery rates.
• Work with Apex Bank, RCBs, and other partners in identifying digital solutions to improve the efficiency of BSF application, disbursement, and re-payment processes.
• Support Apex Bank in scoping and selecting suitable RCBs, FIs, CSOs, and WASH FNGOs.
• Strengthening Mutual Savings and Loans Associations (MSLAs) to enable accessing BSF (support formation of MSLAs where no such structure exists).
• Support establishment of BSF in new MMAs of Greater Accra and Greater Kumasi;
• Support Apex Bank, RCBs, CSOs, and MMAs in product design and marketing.
• Support better marketing of the toilets through clear specification and designs for different options
• Support sanitation SMEs in planning and management practices, including accessing loans and repayments.
• Support MMAs in organizing sanitation fairs to bring suppliers and buyers together.
• Support capacity development of artisan associations to develop into a strong group with increased coverage of communities with sanitation services and products.
• Support sanitation businesses to foster linkages with other stakeholders in the municipalities and metropolitan authorities.
Support MMAs and communities in better access to loans through BSF
• Provide capacity-building support to MMAs on BSF and its operations.
• Support MMAs in improving the awareness among households and SMEs about the BSF loan for a household toilet.
• Support partner CSOs to effectively mobilize the communities to access BSF.
• Support partner CSOs to mobilize and develop the MSLA groups into viable entities to access BSF loans and construct household latrines.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Financing, Banking, Business Development, or any other related field linked to financing, micro-credit, and business management.
• Additional qualifications in Management and Business Administration will be an asset.
• A minimum of three years progressive experience in development financing, banking, micro-credit, business development, and sanitation marketing.
• Experience of working with Mutual Savings and Loan Association (MSLA), micro-finance, credit, and loan institutions, and rural banks in Ghana is desirable.
• Proven experience of supporting Financial Service Providers (FSPs) and knowledge of SPs, knowledge of lending mechanisms, would be a valuable asset
• Proven planning and organizational skills and a strong drive for results
• Ability to formulate strategies and concepts
• Innovative and analytical skills
• Effective coordination of skills, networking, and influencing
• Good communication and report writing skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.