United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Recruitment 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Recruitment – Apply Now
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has published new recruitment opportunities for 2021….See Full details below
Overview of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is a reputable firm in Ghana.
The following positions are available at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
Available United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Application 2021 Positions & Details
Job Title: Forest Specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Policy advice
2. Partnership and resource mobilization
3. Portfolio management
1. Provide top-quality advisory and technical services in the areas of forestry, green commodities, and REDD+ (45%):
- Provide timely and quality information and technical advice to the Government of Ghana on planning and implementation of nature-based solutions focusing on forestry, green commodities and REDD+.
- Undertake relevant analyses and research, as required, and prepare knowledge materials to support UNDP’s forestry related initiatives, as well as other initiatives implemented by the Environment and Climate Cluster.
- Contribute to the preparation of necessary briefings and update for UNDP’s effective participation in important meetings, workshops and relevant events.
- Support UNDP’s efforts on advocacy and policy dialogue, including participation and contribution to policy driven researches and reviews.
- Advise UNDP on relevant national and international developments on forestry and assist in identifying coordinated approaches.
- Maintain close collaboration with the UNDP Climate and Forest Team and Green Commodities Programme to receive technical support as needed.
- Contribute to global learning and knowledge exchange by documenting and disseminating lessons learned from activities of the forest and land use portfolio and disseminate widely through on-line platforms. Reflect on experiences/lessons from the global policy network for possible adaptation/replication to the Ghanaian context.
- Enhance UNDP’s visibility and profile on forests and forestry.
2. Maintain and expand strategic partnerships and support resource mobilization in the areas of forestry, green commodities and REDD+ (30%):
- Explore new areas of cooperation and identify opportunities for new initiatives on forests in line with UNDP’s Strategic Plan (2018-2022), the United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership with Ghana (2018-2022), and UNDP’s Country Programme (2018-2022).
- Provide technical support to the formulation of project proposals on forests and land use.
- Strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders in the area of drivers of land use change, forests and integrated land use management.
- Participate and contribute to development partners’ engagements with government on land, forests and agriculture including meetings and events.
3. Support effective implementation of CO’s project portfolio on forests and land use (25%):
- Manage portfolio assigned to her/him in line with UNDP’s Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures.
- Provide technical support to projects in close collaboration with the relevant implementing partner/responsible
- party, ensuring implementation of coherent approaches across projects in the forest portfolio.
- Support top quality planning (annual, and quarterly work-plans), reporting, monitoring and evaluation of assigned portfolio.
- Effectively apply Result Based Management (RBM) tools, establishing management targets and monitoring achievement of results.
- Support production of aggregate reports on activities, outputs and outcomes, including reports for donors as needed.
- Support procurement of goods and services as needed.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
Level 5: Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them.
Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 5: Plans and acts transparently, actively works to remove barriers
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
Level 5: Models high professional standards and motivates excellence in others.
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 5: Gains trust of peers, partners, clients by presenting complex concepts in practical terms to others
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment
Level 5: Critically assesses value and relevance of existing policy / practice and contributes to enhanced delivery of products, services, and innovative solutions.
Biodiversity and Ecosystems Management
Knowledge of conservation, sustainable use and access and benefit-sharing of biodiversity, land, forests and oceans and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Level 5: Originate: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for
innovation and continuous improvement in professional areas of expertise.
Forests and development
Knowledge of forestry and development and the ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations.
Level 5: Originate: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in the professional area.
Green Economy / Green Commodities / Green Growth
Knowledge of Green Economy concept and green growth issues, including green commodities, supply chains, and poverty.
Level 5: Originate: Catalyzes new ideas, methods, and applications to pave a path for innovation and continuous improvement in the professional area.How to ApplyInterested applicants should click here to apply.
Job Title: Project Management and Technical Officer
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Project management with technical assistance Support effective and timely implementation of the Ghana Shea Landscape Emission Reductions Project (and other projects as needed).
• Provide project management and technical support to the implementation of the Ghana Shea Landscape Emission Reductions Project and other projects assigned to him/her.
• Support the development of project work-plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and setting-out corresponding milestones.
• Monitor project activities and progress and support partners in ensuring that the agreed deliverables are produced satisfactorily according to plans. In doing so, effectively apply Result Based Management (RBM) tools.
• Provide technical and management support to partners to produce high-quality progress reports in line with UNDP and donor requirements.
• Support the management and monitoring of project risks, including social and environmental risks.
• Support completion of assessments required by UNDP, spot checks and audits.
• Support management of requests for the provision of UNDP financial resources.
• Support the capturing of lessons learned during project implementation.
• Support any review and evaluation processes for the project. ? Support procurement of goods and services (e.g. consultants).
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree or higher in project management, natural resource management, social sciences or closely related field. Completion of project management courses/diplomas is preferred.
• At least 2 years of project management experience.
• At least 2 years of experience in the area of forest management and/or environmental management.
• Demonstrated experience in liaising and co-operating with government officials, municipal authorities, academic institutions, NGOs and the private sector.
• Experience preparing knowledge products and communications material is an asset.
Location: AccraHow to ApplyInterested applicants should click here to apply.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021.