Johns Hopkins CCP Recruitment 2024
Johns Hopkins CCP Recruitment – Apply Now
Johns Hopkins CCP has published new recruitment opportunities for 2024….See Full details below
Overview of Johns Hopkins CCP
The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs was founded over 30 years ago by Phyllis Tilson Piotrow as a part of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health’s Department of Health, Behavior, and Society and is located in Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
The following positions are available at Johns Hopkins CCP . Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
Available Johns Hopkins CCP Recruitment Application 2024 Positions & Details
Job Title: Organizational Development and Capacity Building Advisor
• CCP is anticipating implementing the USAID/Ghana Accelerating Social and Behavior Change Activity to increase and sustain the adoption of healthy behaviors and practices for improved health outcomes in Ghana.
• There will be a focus on family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH); malaria prevention and treatment; maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH); community and household level water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) practices; nutrition (NUT); and public health emergencies such as COVID-19.
• This activity builds on previous USAID/Ghana investments in SBC in the last ten years that resulted in a strong partnership and collaboration with the Ghana Health Service/Health Promotion Division.
• The activity will engage various actors to achieve the three activity results:
o The GoG leads and implements effective SBC programs at national, regional, district, and community levels.
o Communities identify, demand, and implement practical solutions that reduce barriers to practicing healthy behaviors
o Private Sector actors promote healthy behaviors and practices in support of the public health agenda.
• Much of the work will harness the power of interpersonal communication, counseling, and community mobilization to inspire long-lasting change.
• The project will also take advantage of other behavioural science approaches such as behavioural economics and human-centered design to improve programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The Organizational Development and Capacity Building Advisor will provide leadership in improving the abilities of the Health Promotion Division (HPD) and its staff at national and subnational levels to fulfil their mandate through strategic leadership, coordination, and harmonization of all SBC interventions in the country.
• S/he will lead the design and implementation of a capacity development plan for the Ghana Health Service/Health Promotion Division (GHS/HPD) and its workforce at the national, regional, district, and sub-district level to be able to develop systems such as policies, communication strategy, continued professional development approaches, etc. to conduct evidence-based SBC interventions.
• S/he will be responsible for all institutional and human capacity development as well as the development of training manuals, tools, and materials for pre- and in-service education; community level SBC activities; and continued professional development; etc.
• S/he will work closely with and cultivate collaborative management relationships with the Ghana Health Service at all levels.
• S/he will work with other senior staff to monitor activities and proactively engage, coordinate, and convene public and private actors to advance the practice of SBC in Ghana.
The proposed Organizational Development and Capacity Building Advisor must meet or exceed all the following specific requirements:
• A senior technical expert with an advanced degree in Organizational Development, Human Resource Capacity Development, or Public Health.
• At least 10 years of experience working with USAID or in a similar role in international health, including experience in designing and implementing organizational and human capacity assessments, knowledge management systems, capacity building development activities especially for public institutions.
• Must be familiar and demonstrate experience working with the Ghana Health Service, assessing organizational and human capacity needs, communications, and knowledge management skills.
• Must have a clear understanding of the Ghana health system, health promotion policies and programs and capacity development priorities.
• Must demonstrate excellent facilitation and team management skills.
• Experience in organizing professional events and learning activities is required.
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English and at least one local Ghanaian language.
• Experience working across Ghanaian government bodies.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should click here to submit their application for this position:
Each candidate will be asked to fill out a few questions about their qualifications and be asked to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume outlining relevant experiences and contacts for three professional references.
Closing Date: 28 May 2024