Zormelo & Associates Recruitment 2024
Zormelo & Associates Recruitment – Apply Now
Zormelo & Associates has published new recruitment opportunities for 2024.See Full details below
Overview of Zormelo & Associates
Zormelo & Associates is made up of an outstanding team of highly experienced and qualified permanent staff and associates who together work to add value to clients′ businesses. What differentiates the company from others is its in-depth and excellent understanding of the Ghanaian and West African environment.
The following positions are available at Zormelo & Associates . Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
Available Zormelo & Associates Recruitment Application 2024 Positions & Details
Job Title: Tax Manager
Tax Management and Reporting
- At all material time be the team leader for the company’s dealings with relevant external tax stakeholders including; The Ghana Revenue Authority – Domestic Tax Revenue Division(DTRD), Customs and Transfer Pricing Units, External Auditors and Consultants as well as Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT)
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls, tax management controls, policies and procedures are in place and are implemented to ensure tax compliance.
- Tax Compliance- Manage all company’s statutory tax returns namely, PAYE, SSNIT, Corporate Tax, VAT, NHIL, VAT Withholding Tax, Withholding Tax, Transfer Pricing, Customs; ensuring that the company’s risk of tax noncompliance is minimal. Ensure all risks are highlighted in advance to Finance Director.
- Ensure all tax accounting activities and tax compliance activities (including tax payments, tax return, and related analysis or support) of HTG are managed properly.
- Ensure that at all the times the risk of penalties and interests resulting from non-compliance is minimal.
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual group tax returns and control checklist and accurately completed, signed off and submitted in accordance with Group time lines.
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual statutory tax returns are accurately completed, signed off and submitted on time or extension obtain where necessary.
- Assist the Account payable and Treasury team in estimating and monitoring monthly and annual cash taxes or other tax planning issues as required.
- Advice Finance Director and Management on all relevant tax matters including changes in tax legislation and the business implication of same.
- Ensure that effective controls and procedures are in place to ensure prompt submission of tax exemption and refund applications that follow up with the relevant authorities ensures applications are granted.
- Ensure effective tracking and compilation of project cost, processing of monthly fixed assets capitalization (WIP additions and transfers to depreciable asset group), depreciation process and control the update of the Fixed Assets Register with newly created assets by Central Back Office (CBO).
- Ensure that all Fixed Asset Records are constantly updated and detailed reconciliation is done between Physical Location, Fixed Asset register and General Ledger.
- Work with Project team to ensure that all Goods Received Notes (GRN), Asset Transfer Notes (ATN), and Project Completion and Acceptance Certificates (PCAC) in respect of all fixed assets are received and scanned to CBO on a timely basis.
- To work in conjunction with the Head of supply chain and Budget owners to ensure that all Fixed Asset related costs are recorded in a timely manner.
- Timely submission of list of completed project with accompanying cost schedule.
- Work with CBO Fixed Asset team to ensure accurate monthly Balance Sheet CWIP (Capital Work in Progress) schedule and reconciliation per group standard.
- Provide support to Financial Reporting Manager when required.
Health & Safety- Risk Assessments & Method Statements:
‘The employee shall at all times follow Helios Towers SHEQ Policies, Procedures and Standards, and engage fully with all SHEQ requirements, expectations and campaigns that may be applicable to their role.’
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional qualification – Part /Qualified Accountant with a recognized Accountancy Body/ Ghana Institute of Taxation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Membership in a relevant professional body
- Green/Black belt certification is an added advantage
- 3+ years’ Tax experience
- 3+ years’ management experience
Skills and Abilities
- Creative problem solving
- Good communicator at all levels of the organization
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent internal stakeholder management
- Good analytical skills
- Clear understanding of success criteria and driven to meet/ exceed them
- Ability to formulate clear and concise written and verbal presentations.
- Ability to perform accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and make decisions.
- Attention to detail and presentation; ability to analyze and evaluate data and make clear recommendation.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to work.
- Results oriented and ability to set and meet targets and report against them to internal and external parties.
- Accountability – Ability to take accountability for a project/ projects as well as hold other accountable in order to achieve project and organizational objectives.
- Drive for results – Deep-seated inner desire to compete against standards and achieve “step changes” in business results.
- Team player – Ability to work in a team to ensure the team goals/objectives are achieved.
- Results Orientated – Desire to achieve and exceed customer expectations and take past learnings to improve how HT operates
- Confidentiality – Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Good Communicator – Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate throughout the whole organization. Understanding clearly what each stakeholder requires and how best to communicate.
- Process Oriented – Understand that good process drives efficiency and consistency within an organization and a project.
- Change Oriented – Desire to constantly improve how an organization operates and the results of an organization.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to apply.