MasterCard Foundation Scholarships UP For Africans 2024-2025
MasterCard Foundation Scholarships UP For Africans: The University of Pretoria (UP), in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation, is pleased to announce the commencement of scholarship applications for high-achieving African students who are willing to enroll in a postgraduate degree program. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) aims at transforming the continent of Africa by supporting academically talented students who are economically disadvantaged but have great potential to impact Africa positively through their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values, as seen by their leadership.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at the University of Pretoria 2024-2025 for Africans is available to undertake Masters and PhD-level programs at the University of Pretoria.
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for Political Studies or International Studies only
- Faculty of Engineering: continuing students can apply
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend.
- Textbooks and printed materials
- Medical aid cover for the study duration
- Cost of Visa
- Reasonable travel allowance, including flights to and from the applicant’s home country.
- Leadership development opportunities.
- Academic advising and counselling support
Students from African countries are eligible.
- Applicants must have been offered admission to study for a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Pretoria, and a student number will be required to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by academic records and other supporting documents.
- All information provided must be true and correct, as any falsification of information on the application form may result in disqualification from the scholarship.
- Applicants must be willing to return to their home country and contribute to its development after completing their studies.
- How-to-Apply: First, interested students are to apply for admissions. Application for admission at the University of Pretoria is fully online at www.up.ac.za/apply. And then apply for postgraduate scholarship
- Postgraduate scholarship application form can be downloaded here (PDF).
- lick the following link for Application Instructions
- Application Deadline: Applications for MCFSP open on May 1, 2024, and close on October 31, 2024.