Fellowships At The Paris IAS France 2022/2023
Fellowships At The Paris IAS France In 2022-2023 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters, PhD level programm(s) in the field of Social Sciences, Neuroscience, Humanities taught at French Institutes for Advanced Study . The deadline of the scholarship is 06 Jul 2021.
The French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme offers 10-month fellowships in the five Institutes of Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Montpellier and Nantes.
- For the 2022-2023 academic year, FIAS offers 17 fellowship positions in Paris.
- The fellows’ projects at the Paris IAS can be in any disciplines and themes in the social sciences and humanities (SSH). They must have a strong interdisciplinary dimension and aim at a major advance on their topic or in methods. An essential selection criteria is the capacity of the proposed projects to make explicit their potential impact beyond their discipline/field and possibly beyond academia. Priority given to projects addressing societal challenges or offering innovative insights into the functioning of humans and societies.
- The Paris IAS also welcomes projects at the interface between SSH and the cognitive and neuro-sciences. In particular, the program on “Brain, culture and society” would like to explore in priority the three following themes: City design and the brain: a dialogue between architecture and neuroscience; Psychomotor organization and the regulation of behavior (impulsivity, inhibition); Future minds: the societal implications of the technological and pharmaceutical methods of cognitive augmentation.
Fellowships At The Paris IAS France In 2022-2023 is available to undertake Masters, PhD level programs at French Institutes for Advanced Study.
- PhD + 2 years of research experience
- Master + 6 years of full-time research experience
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Social Sciences
Social sciences and humanities, neuro-sciences.
- The provision of a living allowance (min. net 2,700€ per month), social security coverage, accommodation, a research budget, plus coverage of travel expenses.
- International students are eligible to apply.
- FIAS awards fellowships to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists. The minimum requirement is a PhD + 2 years of research experience at the time of the application. Exception made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree; (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- Researchers from all countries are eligible to the FIAS Fellowship Programme; but they have to have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
- Applicants for a fellowship in Paris must provide a letter of collaboration with member(s) of a university or research institution based in France, signed by a member of the institution (faculty, researcher. It does not necessarily have to be the head of a research unit).
- The letter must mention the nature of the planned collaboration. This include the organization of conferences and series of lectures or the preparation of a research project to be submitted to an international funding agency (like the ERC or the EU Horizon Europe program).
- Preference will be given to projects conducted in cooperation with the partners of the Paris IAS (Sorbonne Université, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle-Paris 3, Université de Paris, Université Paris Nanterre, Université Paris-Saclay, EHESS, EPHE, ENS, FMSH, INALCO). Applicants must contact their local collaborators themselves. The Paris IAS will not create connections for the applicants.
- Applications are submitted online, where you will find detailed information regarding the content of the application, eligibility criteria and selection procedure.
- The application platform will be open from June 1st, 2021 until July 6th, 2021 – 6:00 PM CET (Paris Time). No late applications allowed.