SAMRC Job Vacancy For Research Technologist 2024
SAMRC Job Vacancy For Research Technologist – Apply Now
Overview of SAMRC
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on six values: pioneering, partnering, excellence, respect, integrity and citizenship.
The following positions are available at SAMRC . Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
SAMRC Job Vacancy For Research Technologist 2024 Position Details
Research Technologist: Research Assistant (Assessor)
One – Year Contract (Renewable)
The SAMRC Health Systems Research Unit requires a Research Technologist: Research Assistant (Assessor) to assist in the evaluation of a retention to care intervention among patients attending a Cape Town HIV health clinic. This position will be based in a community centre in Gugulethu. This position involves engaging people who are living with HIV and conducting study-related activities.
- To enroll study participants who are people living with HIV and coming to the clinic to collect HIV medications
- To conduct structured in-person interviews with participants
- To conduct research activities and administrative tasks as per the standard operation procedures.
- To contact people regarding their research appointments.
- To reimburse participants for study activities.
- To monitor data for quality assurance.
- Daily communications with the Project Managers via email, over the phone, and in person.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIV.
- Relevant 1-2 year accredited course/certificate relevant to the job/discipline.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent intrapersonal communication skills and the ability to work on a team.
- Must have a high sense of ethics and respect for handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Xhosa.
- Prior experience interacting with patients in a clinical setting.
- Prior experience working on a research team and conducting data collection.
- Prior experience engaging people over the phone.
A salary in the region of R 238 716 per annum, total cost-to-company.
Closing date: 5 July 2024
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R396A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SHOULD YOUR APPLICATION NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment. In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.