New BECE Grading System – Learn How To Calculate Results
New BECE Grading System , Learn how WAEC Grades 2021 BECE Examination ; The 2021 BECE Results Has been Released ,Candidates should take note….
Hence, the need for students to know how they are grade and the grading system. In this article, we covered on the grading system, to calculate results and how they are grade with interpretation.
The BECE grading system is used to grade students based on their academic performance. Both the Ghana Education Service (GES) and Senior High School (SHS) prospective students take this examination seriously. The BECE grading system plays a vital role in knowing the quality of BECE results as well as students placement.
How to Calculate BECE Results for School Placement
For all candidates who wrote the BECE exams and are eager waiting for their results. It is not uncommon to ask questions such as, how am i going to calculate my results.
The BECE exam is one of the most important examinations in Ghana’s education system. To help your performance and confidence, it is important to understand the WAEC grading system and the procedure used by the examination body to calculate BECE results.
The idea is that students should make a conscious effort that will give them access into reputable senior high schools in the country.
We are going to show you a step-by-step guide on how to calculate BECE results.
- Marking using the marking scheme is the first step when computing BECE results. From the marking process, you get to know the wrong and right answers per subject.
- Count the number of correct answers and note down.
- Divide the correct answers by the total number of questions asked.
- The quotient should be in decimal points or a fraction.
- Multiply the quotient by 100% to get a percentage. Note: This calculation is done on the individual subject.
- With the percentage in hand, pull out the grading table as prepared using the stanine method or the new flexible 9-scale criterion-referenced grading system and match your raw score, i.e., 60% to the marks on the chart.
- Once you have identified its rightful place, you will be able to know its corresponding grade, following the 1 to 9 grading strategy.
BECE Marks and Grades with Their Interpretation
Below are marks and their grades in BECE .
90-100 is graded as 1, GRADE AA+. It is the HIGHEST grade in the grading system.
80-89, the second category in this classification is graded as 2, GRADE A. it is denoted as HIGHER.
70-79, is grade 3, a B+ and is described as HIGH.
60 -69 is grade 4, GRADE B, described as HIGH AVERAGE.
55 – 60 is GRADE C+, classified as 5 and described as AVERAGE.
LOW AVERAGE is a description of marks falling between 50-54 and GRADE C; number 6 in the grading system.
Any mark ranging between 40-49 is considered as GRADE D+ and number 7; described as LOW
35-39 is GRADE E which is number 8, described as LOWER in the Stanine grading system.
GRADE F, 9 characterized by 9 is the LOWEST grade, which falls between 0-34.
The better your BECE grade the greater your chances of getting placed into the school of your choice. The GES uses the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) to place students into different schools across the country.