E – Levy Charges On MoMo Transctions
Learn the new E – Levy Charges On MoMo Transctions for the 2022 fiscal year …The E Levy Charges On MoMo for 2022/2023 fiscal year as displayed on the E Levy Chart shows the E-levy related charges on every Mobile Money transfer you make.
E Levy Charges On MoMo for 2022/2023 fiscal year as shown on the E Levy Chart below displays 0.75% Charge of the telecommunication networks namely MTN Momo, Vodafone Cash and Airtel Tigo Money in addition to the 1.5% E-levy and its corresponding total charge for every transaction you make on your mobile money wallet.
When Will The E Levy Take Effect In Ghana?
The E Levy Charges On MoMo for 2022/2023 will Take Effect in 1st May 2022
E-Levy Chart and Charges on Mobile Money (MoMo) in Ghana
The MOMO Tax in Ghana is now a 1.5 % (percent) charge on all electronic transactions (E levy).
Here is the list of e levy charges/taxes on mobile money (MoMo) transactions in Ghana.
|MoMo Value||Telco Charges (0.75%)||E-Levy Charges (1.5 %)||Total Charges|
|GHȻ 100||GHp 0.75p||GHȻ 0.00||GHp 0.75|
|GHȻ 150||GHȻ 1.125||GHȻ 2.25||GHȻ 3.38|
|GHȻ 300||GHȻ 2.25||GHȻ 4.50||GHȻ 6.75|
|GHȻ 500||GHȻ 3.75||GHȻ 7.50||GHȻ 11.25|
|GHȻ 1000||GHȻ 7.50||GHȻ 15.00||GHȻ 22.50|
|GH 2000||GHȻ 15.00||GHȻ 30.00||GHȻ 45.50|
|GHȻ 5000||GHȻ 37.00||GHȻ 75.00||GHȻ 112.50|
- The Telcos have agreed to reduce charges from 1% to 0.75%
- The E-Levy Charges have been reduced from 1.75% to 1.5%
- There are no e levy charges for the first GH¢ 100 per day
E-Levy Transactions Will Not Cover
The following transaction will not cover any charges on e-levy
- Cumulative transfers of GH¢100 per day made by the same person.
- Transfers between accounts owned by the same person.
- Transfers for the payment of taxes, fees, and charges on the Ghana.gov portal.
- Electronic clearing of cheques.
- Specified merchant payments (i.e. payments to commercial establishments registered with GRA for Income Tax and VAT purposes).
- Transfers between principal, master-agent, and agent’s accounts.
E-Levy Transactions Will Cover
The following transaction will be charged by e-levy
- Mobile Money Transfers between accounts on the same electronic money issuer (EMI).
- Mobile Money transfers from an account on one EMI to a recipient on another EMI.
- Transfers from bank accounts to mobile money accounts.
- Transfer from mobile money accounts to bank accounts.
- Bank transfers on a digital platform or application originate from a bank account belonging to an individual to another individual.