Agricultural Extension Officer Jobs In Ghana
Find The Current Available Agricultural Extension Officer Jobs In Ghana Below ;
Who Is A Agricultural Extension Officer ?
Agricultural extension officers are intermediaries between research and farmers. They operate as facilitators and communicators, helping farmers in their decision-making and ensuring that appropriate knowledge is implemented to obtain the best results with regard to sustainable production and general rural development.
Roles And Duties Of Agricultural Extension Officer In Ghana
This will include but not limited to the following:
• To coordinate and monitor all activities in operational area including the distribution of inputs.
• To work with the Agriculture Officer to Facilitate and train farmers base on protocol.
• To prepare weekly and monthly reports on activities progress.
• To organize regular farmers’ meetings at village levels and also collaborate with the District MOFA extension officers in your area of operations in the training and education of farmers on the safe and proper use of inputs and implements.
• To demonstrate on farms the proper use and application of input.
• To monitor and assist in collecting data from both demonstration farms and farmer’s farms in the area of operations.
• To distribute and account for all inputs delivered to all farmers in your operational area.
• To work closely with the Agriculture Officer, Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) Agriculture Extension Agents (AEAs) to design and implement appropriate agriculture and climate change adaptation techniques for farmers
• To work closely with AEAs assigned to the various communities in the delivery of agriculture extension services
• To work with FBO’s in the establishment of demonstrations farms for farm trials on new agronomic techniques
• To develop the capacity of farmers to adopt and implement better practices through exposure to new knowledge, information, skills, inputs and processes to improve the long term performance of their farm businesses;
• To encourage farmers to adopt better practices through exposure to new knowledge, information, skills, inputs and processes to improve the long term performance of their farm businesses;
• To provide technical services for farmers in key parts of value chains where it is more effective and efficient (e.g. For integrated pest and disease management, climate change adaptation techniques, improved data management, veterinary services);
• To work with the Agriculture officer to generate public awareness on important agricultural issues (especially the advantages of local production, quality, climate change and safety), as well as to communicate all aspects of the Project to a wide range of stakeholders
• To perform any other duties as required by the Agriculture officer
Qualification Required & Experience For Agricultural Extension Officer In Ghana
• Diploma or B.Sc. in agriculture-related courses.
• Experience in crop production
• Strong communication, presentation and liaison and interpersonal skills
• Keen interest and knowledge of farming and environmental issues
• Knowledge of, and experience in, the application of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP);
• Experience in working within a multi-layered organizational structure operating out of several dispersed offices;
• Ready to visit at least five farmers farm everyday
• An open, flexible and innovative working style;
• Ability to take initiative and work without constant supervision;
• Willingness to ride a motorbike
• Must be gender sensitive
List Of Companies In Search Of Agricultural Extension Officer Workers In Ghana
Ministry of Food and Agriculture
Dizengoff Ghana Ltd
Ghana Agribusiness Centre
Agricultural manufacturing group limted
WEST AFRICA AGRO-TECH COMPANY GHANA LTD (WAATCO)
Agro Kings Limited
Agric & I Consult
Consgent Agriculture Company Limited
ORCHARD INDUSTRIAL COMPANY LIMITED
Green Gold Farm Ghana Ltd
Chrematin Agro Company Limited
Further Reading >>>Agricultural Extension Officer Salary In Ghana