Agricultural Extension Officer Salary In Ghana
Agricultural Extension Officer Salary In Ghana Averagely Ranges from from 913.00 GHS (minimum salary) to 2,326.00 GHS (highest average).
Who Is A Agricultural Extension Officer ?
Agricultural extension officers are intermediaries between research and farmers. They operate as facilitators and communicators, helping farmers in their decision-making and ensuring that appropriate knowledge is implemented to obtain the best results with regard to sustainable production and general rural development.
Qualification Required & Experience For Agricultural Extension Officer In Ghana
• Diploma or B.Sc. in agriculture-related courses.
• Experience in crop production
• Strong communication, presentation and liaison and interpersonal skills
• Keen interest and knowledge of farming and environmental issues
• Knowledge of, and experience in, the application of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP);
• Experience in working within a multi-layered organizational structure operating out of several dispersed offices;
• Ready to visit at least five farmers farm everyday
• An open, flexible and innovative working style;
• Ability to take initiative and work without constant supervision;
• Willingness to ride a motorbike
• Must be gender sensitive
Below is Agricultural Extension Officer Salary In Ghana
What is the highest-paid job in agriculture?
Some of the highest paying agriculture jobs are:
Biochemist. Average annual salary:31,952.01 Ghana Cedi
Food Scientist. Average annual salary: 61,440.33 Ghana Cedi
Environmental Engineer. Average annual salary: 35,493.67 Ghana Cedi
Agricultural Lawyer: 32,358.57 Ghana Cedi
Agricultural Operations Manager: 63,756.89 Ghana Cedi
Agricultural Engineers: 40,756.42 Ghana Cedi
Agronomy Sales Manager: 36,558.71 Ghana Cedi
Bioinformatics Scientist: 65,541.19 Ghana Cedi
Agricultural Economist: 67,896.09 Ghana Cedi
What is the work of an Agric Extension Officer?
To demonstrate on farms the proper use and application of input.
To monitor and assist in collecting data from both demonstration farms and farmer’s farms in the area of operations. To distribute and account for all inputs delivered to all farmers in your operational area.
How can I become an agricultural officer?
Get a full-time degree(usually four years) in Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Dairy Science, or a related stream.
These degrees are mandatory if you want to apply for the position of agricultural field officer.
After clearing your degree, you need to clear the IBPS examination to become an agricultural field officer.
What is the exam for an agriculture officer?
It also helps you to stay grounded by working for Rural Development. IBPS Agriculture Officer is a Scale 1 Specialist Officer, who lends & disburses the agriculture loan. In this, we are going to give you every single detail you need to crack IBPS AFO 2021 Exam.
Further Reading >>>Agricultural Extension Officer Jobs In Ghana