Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College Graduate Admission
The Following Academic Programme(S) Is Offered By The College:
- Master of Science in Defence and International Politics (MDIP).
ADMISSION TO ACADEMIC PROGRAMME(S) -ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- A good Bachelor’s Degree (second class lower or better) or equivalent professional qualification from a recognized body.
- A minimum of two years working experience in peace and security related organization.
- Under exceptional circumstances, degree holders without the minimum requirements seconds class lower division but have had at least five years’ working experience in administration with interest in peace and security issues will be considered for admission.
- A written statement of career objectives in relation to the programme.
Structure And Duration Of Programmes
The programme is run in two streams; the reguar stream and the weekend stream. The programme is run for one full academic year under the semester system. The year is divided into two (2) semesters.
The regular stream programme is opened to only Senior Division students from the Ghana Armed Forces and those of friendly Armed Forces and other sister security agencies. Lectures are on weekdays.
The weekend programme is opened to the public. Lectures take place every other weekend in time frames ranging from 3:00pm to 09:00pm on Fridays and 9:00am to 3:00pm on Saturdays. It is designed to meet the time demands of willing, able and qualified people whose work schedule makes it difficult or impossible for them to attend lectures on weekdays. A semester normally spuns 16 weeks with one (1) course break between sessions. A maximum of seven (7) courses are taught each semester. During each Semester, students will be issued with topics for Term Papers to prepare and submit written responses at programmed dates. Term Papers will constitute part of students’ assessment.