Ghana Technology University College (GTUC)
Welcome To Ghana Technology University College (GTUC)
Ghana Communication Technology University, was previously known as Ghana Technology University College. GCTU is a public-funded university, owned by government and founded in 2005.
Ghana Communication Technology University (GCTU) is a technology oriented institution of higher learning, committed to providing an educational experience of the highest quality. Established in November 2005, GCTU was granted accreditation by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) on March 30, 2006 and officially inaugurated on August 15, 2006, gaining full public University status on 13th August, 2020. The University is governed by a University Council, supported by the Interim Vice-Chancellor- himself a member of the Council, the, Interim Pro Vice-Chancellor, Interim Registrar, Deans of Faculties and staff.
GTUC Is now part of the top 10 universities in Ghana as at 2021.
Ghana Communication Technology University Courses Offered And Admission Details
Here is the complete list of courses offered at Ghana Communication Technology Universityand admission requirements for the 2021/2022 academic year.
We have gathered the full list of courses offered in Ghana Communication Technology University and cut off point/requirements to enable prospective candidates to have knowledge of the various accredited courses available in this University. See All Courses Offered At GTUC
GTUC Cut off points and Admission Requirement
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- SSSCE/WASSCE –
Applicants must have grades A1-C6 in their core and elective subjects. This includes Mathematics, English Language, Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicants area of study.
- ‘O’ Level/‘A ’Level –
Credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE‘O’ Level (or
its equivalent including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three
(3) credit passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced level.
- GBCE/ –
Credit passes in Business Mathematics, English Language and Integrated
Science and three (3) elective subjects.
Applicants applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirement:
- Attain a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years at the time of applying.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate / baptismal certificate / weighing card which is five (5) years old.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in Mathematics, English Language and General Paper. Engineering students will write papers in Mathematics, English Language and Physics.
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS FOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- American Grade 12
Holders must have relevant Academic qualification. This must be evaluated by National Accreditation Board(NAB).
- City & Guilds
Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or Advanced Diploma in Microcomputer Technology/ any relevant I.T programmes.
- International Baccalaureate
(IB)/Diploma holders will go through a compulsory three (3) months English Proficiency class before starting their programme. They should also submit both the original and translated versions of their results slips to National Accreditation Board (NAB) for verification and equivalency before applying.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR “TOP UP” APPLICANTS
- Higher National Diploma (HND) relevant to the programme of study from a recognized Polytechnic with at least 2nd Class Lower Division.
- Verifiable Diplomas relevant to the programme of study from accredited tertiary institutions. This will be assessed on individual basis and will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- WASSCE applicants must have grades “A1 – D7” in their core and elective subjects. This includes, English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
- SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have grades “A – D” in both their core and elective subjects. This includes English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
GTUC Mode Of Application
- Visit GTUC website: www.gctu.edu.gh .
- Download the application form online and fill.
- You may also obtain a hard copy of the form from our various Campuses
Tesano Campus: – Adjacent Police Training School, Tesano, Accra
Kumasi Campus at Amanfrom – University Junction– Off the main Barekese Road,
Koforidua Campus, Vodafone building,
Ho Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Head Office,
Takoradi Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Office
- Remember to attach your passport sized photograph and other documents relevant to your application.
- Applicants with statement of results from West African Examination Council (WAEC) must add WAEC SCRATCH card(s) to their application form depending on the number of sittings
Note: All professional and other entry qualifications will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
For further enquiries, please contact:
GTUC Admission Contact Details