List Of Graphic Design Schools In Ghana
What is the List Of Graphic Design Schools In Ghana? Schools that specialize in educating students about the principles, abilities, and methods of graphic design are known as graphic design schools. Visual components, typography, and other design elements are used in the creative discipline of graphic design to convey ideas, present data, and produce aesthetically pleasing graphics for a variety of applications, including advertising, marketing, branding, web design, print media, and more.
General Courses Offered In Graphic Design Schools In Ghana
Ghanaian graphic design schools offer diverse classes and programs, covering design ideas, software tools, and real-world applications. These schools provide fundamental courses for students to enhance their skills and understanding:
- Introduction to Graphic Design: The fundamentals of graphic design, such as layout, typography, color theory, and composition, are covered in this course.
- Digital Imaging and Photo Editing: This course focuses on using image editing and enhancement tools like Adobe Photoshop to prepare images for usage in design projects.
- Typography and Layout Design: Students gain knowledge of typefaces, fonts, and the best ways to position text and other visual components on a page or screen for optimum impact.
- Vector Graphics and Illustration: Students are taught how to produce scalable, high-quality illustrations and graphics in this course, which frequently includes vector graphics software like Adobe Illustrator.
- Web Design: Students gain knowledge of HTML, CSS, user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, as well as the fundamentals of web development.
- Print Design: This course covers the design of printed products like packaging, posters, brochures, and flyers as well as aspects of color management and print manufacturing techniques.
- Motion Graphics and Animation: Using tools like Adobe After Effects, students learn the fundamentals of animation and motion graphics and can produce engaging visual content.
- Logo and Brand Identity Design: This course focuses on defining brand identities and creating logos, as well as standards for consistent branding across multiple media.
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Graphics: Taking into account various ad formats and needs, students learn how to develop images for social media platforms and digital marketing campaigns.
- 3D Modeling and Animation (optional): Taking into account various ad formats and needs, students learn how to develop images for social media platforms and digital marketing campaigns.
- Professional Portfolio Development: This course assists students in creating a portfolio of their best work that highlights their abilities and originality and is an essential tool for landing a job in the design industry.
- Design History and Theory: Students learn about design movements, styles, and the cultural context of design as they study the philosophy and history of graphic design.
- Business and Freelancing for Designers: In particular for those thinking about freelancing or creating their own design company, this course may address topics including client management, pricing, contracts, and the business elements of being a graphic designer.
Admission Requirement For Graphic Design Schools In Ghana
Depending on the institution and the level of the program you’re applying to (e.g., diploma, certificate, bachelor’s degree), admission criteria for graphic design colleges in Ghana can change. But, we can provide you a general summary of what Ghanaian graphic design programs typically require for admission:
- Educational Qualifications:
- Diploma and Certificate Programs: Typically, you’ll need to have passed basic topics including English, Mathematics, and Science in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). Each institution may have its own unique specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs: A West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent with credits (generally A1-C6) in core subjects like English, Mathematics, and Science is typically required for university programs. Moreover, you might require credits in particular subjects related to the program, like Visual Arts or Elective Mathematics.
- Portfolio: Several graphic design schools ask applicants to provide a portfolio of their artwork and design projects, especially for bachelor’s degree programs. Your inventiveness, aesthetic ability, and potential as a graphic designer are all displayed in your portfolio. Prepare to adhere to the precise instructions the institution provides for submitting a portfolio.
- Entrance Examination or Interview: Some universities may demand that applicants pass an entrance exam or take part in an interview to determine their design knowledge and skills.
- GPA or Entry Requirements: For entry into their graphic design programs, several colleges may have specific GPA requirements. Make sure your academic performance satisfies these requirements.
- English Language Proficiency: Standardized examinations like the IELTS or TOEFL may be required of you if English is not your first language to demonstrate your English ability.
- Application Forms and Fees: You must fill out the school’s application, which could cost money. Verify each institution’s application requirements and submission guidelines.
- Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation from professors, mentors, or employers that can attest to your abilities and potential as a graphic designer may be requested by some schools.
- Personal Statement or Essay: You could be asked to prepare a personal statement or essay outlining your reasons for enrolling in the program, your career ambitions, and your interest in graphic design.
- Interview: As part of the admissions process, you may, in some circumstances, be required to attend an interview. Your drive, imagination, and dedication to the graphic design profession may be evaluated during this interview.
List of Graphic Design Schools In Ghana
Accra International School of Advertising and Design (AisAD)
Address : 109 Avenue E, Legon E Rd, Accra
Phone number : 030 393 5943
Riohs College Of Design
Adireshi : Blohum Street, Dzorwulu Cres, Accra
Phone number : 024 832 3669
Deseret School Of Design
Adireshi : Dromo Cres, Accra
Phone number : 054 979 5116
BlueCrest School Of Fashion & Design
Located in: BlueCrest University College
Adireshi: BlueCrest University College, Cola Street, Adj. ATTC, Cola St, Accra
Phone number : 057 331 6110
JACCD Design Institute, Africa
Address : Kofi Annan East, N Legon Rd, Accra
Phone number : 030 279 7471
Creative media institute
Adireshi : Tanta Hill Obi-Quest Studio, Accra
Telephone number : 024 423 2010
INSTITUTE OF AFRICAN ARTS & TECHNOLOGY (IAAT)
Adireshi: Burma Camp Road, 104 New Town Rd, Accra
Phone number : 050 158 6292
BlueCrest University College
Adireshi: 28 Cola St, Accra
Phone number : 030 225 1150
Radford University College
Adireshi: Lagos Ave, Accra
Phone number : 054 647 9813
Dreams College Of Creative Arts- (DCCA Ghana)
Adireshi: Hansonic Junction- Dansoman mountains missions
Phone number : 020 930 5595
Frequently Asked Questions About Graphic Design Schools In Ghana
Which University is best for graphic design in Ghana?
Schools in Ghana that offer graphic design
- Accra Film School.
- Accra International School Advertising and Design (AISAD) AISAD tops our list because it is arguably one of the best schools in Ghana that offers graphic design. …
- Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design.
What subjects do graphic designers study?
The course material covers a wide range of topics, including studio art, design concepts, advertising, online design, and computer technologies connected to graphics.
Which bachelor’s degree is graphic design?
Students who complete the undergraduate program in graphic design are given a liberal arts degree called a Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design. In order to succeed in the domains of design and creative visual media, students gain important skills.
How many branches does graphic design have?
Graphic design is a broad, imaginative subject that employs images to convey concepts and provide solutions. Since graphic design deals with a wide range of issues, it can be roughly split into eight distinct but frequently overlapping fields.
What GPA is needed for graphic design?
3.0 or higher
Applications must be accompanied by college transcripts, and candidates must typically have a GPA of 3.0 or better. The caliber of their design portfolio may also be taken into consideration while rating them.
What are the courses under graphic design at the university?
Students can select a course that matches within their selected field of interest. Some popular graphic design courses include 2D animation, typography, photography, video editing, and print, among others.