How To Check FDA Approved Products In Ghana
Learn How To Check FDA Approved Products In Ghana ;
Overview Of FDA Approved Products ?
The Food and Drug Administration is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and by ensuring the safety of our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.
What products are FDA-approved?
Products requiring FDA approval prior to being marketed (FDA’s premarket approval requirements):
- Drugs and biologics
- New ADDITIVES to animal drugs and animal foods
- Medical devices
- Human tissues and cells (blood, bone and tissue products)
- Food ingredients and additives.
- Color additives and other additives.
Does Cosmetic product have to be FDA approved?
The law does not require cosmetic products and ingredients, except for color additives, to be approved by FDA before they go on the market.
How can food be FDA approved in Ghana?
Completed application forms should be submitted to the FDA in addition to the following:
To find out if a drug is approved by FDA, consumers can use two different Internet sites:
- Drugs@FDA lists most prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drug products approved since 1939. Drugs@FDA helps consumers find generic equivalents and other possible appropriate alternatives to their approved products as well as the product’s drug label. FDA updates this list every day.
- The FDA “Orange Book” contains drugs approved by FDA under New Drug Applications (NDAs) and Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs). This site is regularly updated and shows the date of the most current update at the top of the page.
If consumers would like more information, they can call 301-827-4573 or 888-INFO-FDA (1-888-463-6332). Questions can also be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.