How To Use The New Prepaid Meter In Ghana
How To Use The New Prepaid Meter In Ghana ; The prepaid meter is a new way of paying for electricity in Ghana. It allows customers to pay for their electricity before they use it, rather than receiving a bill at the end of the month. prepaid meters do not have a debt forgiveness policy. Therefore, customers are advised to purchase prepaid credit regularly to avoid disconnection due to insufficient credit balance.
Here are the steps to use the new prepaid meter in Ghana:
- Purchase the prepaid meter from an authorized dealer or the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG).
- Install the prepaid meter in your home or business. This should be done by a licensed electrician to ensure safety.
- Once the meter is installed, visit the nearest ECG office to activate it. You will need to provide some information, including your name, address, and contact information.
- Purchase prepaid credit from any authorized vendor, which can include ECG offices, banks, mobile money agents, and other authorized outlets. You will receive a token or code that you will need to enter into the meter to credit your account with the purchased amount.
- To load the credit, enter the token or code into the prepaid meter. The meter will display the amount of credit added to your account.
- Monitor your electricity usage and remaining credit balance regularly. The meter will display your remaining balance each time you use electricity.
- When your balance gets low, purchase more prepaid credit to avoid running out of electricity.
How To check new prepaid meter balance In Ghana
To check the balance on your new prepaid meter in Ghana, follow these steps:
- Press the “Display” button on your prepaid meter. This will display the amount of credit you have remaining on your meter.
- The balance will be shown in Ghana cedis (GHS) or pesewas (Gp), depending on the denomination you purchased.
- If your meter has a digital display, the remaining balance will be displayed on the screen. If your meter has a mechanical display, you will need to read the numbers on the meter to determine the balance.
- If you have a smart meter, you can also check your balance using the ECG mobile app. Simply download the app, create an account, and enter your meter number and other details as required. The app will display your remaining balance and other useful information.
- You can also check your balance by visiting an ECG office or authorized vendor and requesting a balance inquiry. They will use a special device to read your meter and provide you with your remaining balance.
How To use ECG token In Ghana
To use the ECG token in Ghana, follow these steps:
- Purchase the ECG token from an authorized vendor, which can include ECG offices, banks, mobile money agents, and other authorized outlets. The token will have a 20-digit number that you will need to enter into your prepaid meter.
- Enter the 20-digit token number into your prepaid meter. This can be done by pressing the appropriate buttons on the meter or using the keypad if you have a smart meter.
- Once you have entered the token, your meter will automatically credit your account with the amount of prepaid credit you purchased.
- The meter will display the amount of credit added to your account, as well as your remaining balance.
- It’s important to monitor your electricity usage and remaining balance regularly to ensure you have enough credit to use electricity.
- When your balance gets low, purchase more prepaid credit to avoid disconnection due to insufficient credit balance.
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook , Follow Us On Instagram & Subscribe To Our Channel OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.