Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Kumasi Certificate Courses
KNUST Food Hygiene Certificate Short Course
Regulations require that anyone involved in food handling must be appropriately trained in Food Safety and Hygiene and apply it to their work. Food Businesses are to make sure that any staff who handles food are supervised, instructed and trained in Food Hygiene in a way that is appropriate to the work they do.
- Why is food safety important?Food hygiene and the law
- Food poisoning/food-borne illnesses
- How food becomes contaminated
- Food Preservation, Storage and Temperature Control
- Preventing contamination: the 4 Cs – Cross contamination; Cleaning; Chilling; Cooking.
- Short films for demonstration [English & Twi versions]
This training course is aimed at anyone working in a catering or hospitality environment, whether employed or self-employed, who handles food and drink as part of everyday or occasional working routines. Typically this would include people working in hotels, cafes, bars, restaurants, kitchens, fast food outlets, catering in hospitals, schools and colleges
Certificate Course in Procurement
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in collaboration with The West Africa Institute For Supply Chain Leadership hereby invites applications from candidates from both the private and public sector for admission into a six month certificate course in Procurement scheduled for the January 10, 2012 to June 8, 2012.
The programme is designed for applicants with the following background:
- Holders of academic/professional qualifications other than Procurement but working on procurement schedules;
- Procurement practitioners working in public/private sector looking forward to upgrade their skills and knowledge and obtain qualification in Procurement;
- Procurement practitioners looking forward to further their career for the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)UK qualification;
- SHS graduates with 6 WASSCE/SSSCE credits.
Students have the option to enroll in the evening or weekend sessions.
The course is designed to equip participants with the latest skills and knowledge in procurement and also, enable them identify the role and purpose of the Public Procurement Act of 2003 in addition to providing them with the platform to attain the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), UK status.