Courses Offered At GCUC And Their Requirement
Courses Offered At GCUC And Their Requirement 2021/2022
Here is the complete list of courses offered at Garden City University College for all programmes and admission requirements for the 2021/2022 academic year.
We have gathered the full list of courses offered in Garden City University College and cut off point/requirements to enable prospective candidates to have knowledge of the various accredited courses available in this University.
There are several Courses offered at Garden City University College
Courses Offered At GCUC And Their Requirement 2021/2022
GCUC’s undergraduate degree programmes are designed to achieve balance between theoretical knowledge gained through lectures and practical knowledge acquired through hands-on experience.
We periodically modify our programmes and add new ones to meet the requirements of the National Accreditation Board and the ever changing industrial needs.
Our programmes are also structured academically to make your studies convenient and successful. We therefore wish you well in your choice of our programmes.
FACULTY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES
BSc. Physician Assistanship
BSc. Medical laboratory Technology
FACULTY OF BUSINESS STUDIES
BSc. Accounting with Computing
BSc. Economics and Statistics
BSc. Of Business Administration With Options in:
Banking and Finance
Human Resource Management
FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
BSc. Computer Science
BSc. Information Technology
BSc. Mathematics and Statistics
BSc. Environmental Science
GCUC Computer Proficiency License -(6 weeks)
Advance Certificate in Business Application – (3 months)
Certificate in Power Excel(Analyzing Data to Make Business Decisions)
Computerized Accounting System (CAS)
Network Administration – (2 weeks)
System Administration – ( 4 months)
Database Design/Administration (Oracle/SQL Server/MySql) – (6 months)
Desktop Publishing & Web Design – (4 months)
Certificate in Computer Science
Certificate in Information Technology
Garden City University College Admission Requirement
Applicants must have any of the following qualifications:
- Credit Passes (i.e A/A1 – D/C4 – C6) in Six(6) SSCE/WASSCE/GBCE subjects including 3 Core subjects: English, Mathematics and Integrated Science and 3 Elective subjects with at least aggregate 24 or 36 for SSSCE and WASSCE respectively or better.
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Credit Passes including English and Mathematics or plus at least Three (3) ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- HND qualifications with option in relevant areas of specialization are also eligible for Top-Up programmes.
- Applicants seeking admission to BSc. Computer Science Programme must in addition to the above qualification have a credit pass in in Elective Mathematics.Applicants with other equivalent or professional qualifications would be considered after assessment of the relevant qualifications and placed appropriately.
- RSA, SRN, RGN,RGM ‘A’ Level Holders and those with other equivalent qualifications plus basic SSCE/WASSCE/’O’ Level Qualifications will be placed at level 200 & 300 for a three & two year Top-Up programme.
- For Mature Candidates to apply for admission, an applicant must have the following:
- Must be 25 years at the time of application
- Must have passes in English and Mathematics in SSSCE/WASSCE
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years work experience
- Must pass a GCUC Mature Student Entry Examinations.
- Candidates with Home Science, General Science, General Art and General Agricultural backgrounds are also eligible for BSc. Nursing/Midwifery
- Diploma (Nursing/Midwifery)/ SRN/RGN/RM Holders are eligible for Top-Up programmes.
B.Sc. MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGYApplicants must have either:
- Senior High School Certificate (SSSCE) and/or West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) with aggregate 24 or better which should include credits in the three core subjects (i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science) plus credits in three (3) elective subjects in the following: Biology [OR Home Science (Food and Nutrition) OR General Agriculture], Chemistry, and Physics [OR Elective Mathematics].
- Mature candidate holding a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or HND in Science Laboratory Technology obtained from a recognized institution of higher learning, with at least one year post qualification experience in a hospital laboratory may be eligible for admission to level 200 (2nd year) of the programme.
- Applicants should not be less than 25 years of age, and must have passed an entrance examination and/or admission interview.
- Mature candidates with a Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology with at least two years post qualification experience would start from first year (level 100). They would be required to pass an entrance examination and /or an admission interview.
- Foreign students shall provide their high school certificates/diplomas and transcripts; all of which must be translated into English with an accompanying statement showing how their system equates to the Ghanaian system.
B.Sc. PHYSICIAN ASSISTANSHIP
- Applicant must have Senior High School Certificate (SSSCE) aggregate 24 or West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) with aggregate 36 or better which should include credits in three core: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and three elective subjects in the following: Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics or Physics.
- Foreign student may be considered for admission if they hold qualification equivalent to those stated above, provided they are proficient in English. Equivalent qualifications include; A-levels, High School Diplomas.
B.Sc. DENTAL THERAPY
- Candidates must have at least credit pass in three (3) core subjects at WASSCE / SSSCE Level: Integrated Science, Mathematics and English Language.
- At least credit pass in three (3) Elective subjects including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Elective Mathematics.
- Registered Dental Surgery Assistants (RDSA) with three year post qualification practical exposure will receive exemptions from the level 100 and 200 courses and eligible for admission to level 300.
- Dental Nurses with equivalent *Qualification and one year post qualification practical exposure will receive exemptions from the level 100 and 200 courses and be eligible for admission to level 300.
- Registered General Nurses will be placed at level 200.
- Mature applicants must be at least 25 years at the time of admission and must possess either five credit at GCE O-Level including English Language and Mathematics or WASSCE/SSSCE with at least credit pass in three core subjects (English, Mathematics and Integrated Science) plus three elective subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics).
- Foreign students may be considered for admission if they hold qualification equivalent to those stated above, provided they are proficient in English.
- All applicants would be interviewed and admission will be based on Performance at interview in addition to their academic qualification.
- The student shall be in good health.