List Of Courses offered At GIL
List Of Courses offered At GIL 2021/2022
Here is the complete list of courses offered at Ghana Institute of Languages for all programmes and admission requirements for the 2021/2022 academic year.
We have gathered the full list of courses offered in Ghana Institute of Languages and cut off point/requirements to enable prospective candidates to have knowledge of the various accredited courses available in this University.
As usual, Ghadmissionforms.com have arranged all courses offered in Ghana Institute of Languages for ease of identification for prospective candidates and students.Therefore we have deemed it necessary to publish the officially approved list of courses offered in Ghana Institute of Languages as it has become increasingly necessary based on data received as regards the subject matter.Here is a comprehensive list of courses offered in Ghana Institute of Languages , therefore candidates aspiring to gain admission into the university can go through the information provided.
Below is the full detail of all the undergraduate courses offered at the Ghana Institute of Languages, GIL: Currently, the Ghana Institute of languages has three schools:
- School of Languages(SOL)
- School of Translators(SOT)
- School of Bilingual Secretaryship(SOBS)
THE SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES
- The School of Languages has since the inception of the Institute carried out its original mandate of teaching international languages to enhance Pan-Africanism and cordial relationship between Ghanaians and other nationals.
- The languages currently taught are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
THE SCHOOL OF TRANSLATORS
- The School of Translators was started in 1964. Currently, the School is affiliated with the University of Ghana and awards the Bachelor of Arts in Translation. It trains professional translators. In addition, the training gives experience in the general principles of conference interpreting thereby preparing graduates for positions in such organizations as the United Nations Organization (UNO), the Africa Union (AU) and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and other organizations that organize international conferences.
- At the end of their training, graduates have high proficiency in English and French and a third international language selected from the other international languages taught at the Institute.
THE SCHOOL OF BILINGUAL SECRETARYSHIP
- The Diploma in Bilingual Secretaryship programme was begun in 1974. Its aim was to meet the growing need for secretaries that have proficiency in both English and French. Now, it is a three-year programme which is affiliated to the National Board for Professional and Technician Examination (NABPTEX) which awards the Higher National Diploma.