List Of Air Hostess Schools In Ghana
What is meant by air Hostess Schools In Ghana? Generally speaking, “Air Hostess Schools” refer to academic institutions or training facilities that offer specialized instruction to people seeking to join the cabin crew, also known as air hostesses or flight attendants. The courses and programs offered by these institutions are created to give students the abilities, credentials, and knowledge required to operate as cabin crew in the aviation sector.
General Courses Offered In Air Hostess Schools In Ghana
A variety of courses are offered by air hostess schools in Ghana, also known as flight attendant or cabin crew training schools, to help people become ready for a job in the aviation sector. These classes go through a variety of topics, including customer service, safety protocols, and cabin crew duties. Below are some general courses that you might find in air hostess schools in Ghana, while precise course offerings may vary from school to school:
- Introduction to Aviation: This course offers an overview of the aviation sector, including its history, laws, and the duties of cabin crew members.
- Cabin Crew Safety Procedures: This course teaches students how to manage various emergency scenarios that could occur during flights, as well as emergency protocols, safety equipment usage, and evacuation procedures.
- Customer Service and Communication: It is the duty of flight attendants to deliver superior customer service. This course focuses on how to effectively communicate, resolve conflicts, and address the wants and concerns of passengers.
- First Aid and Medical Training: First aid basics, CPR, and how to handle medical crises that might arise during flights should be taught to cabin crew..
- In-Flight Services: Students learn how to serve food and beverages and care to passengers’ requirements during flights in this course. It also discusses acceptable behavior and service guidelines.
- Aviation Regulations and Procedures: Students gain knowledge of aviation laws, airline policy, crew cooperation, and the value of upholding professional standards.
- Grooming and Presentation: The appearance of flight attendants should always be professional. Standards for grooming, caring for uniforms, and personal presentation are covered in this course.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Diversity: This course aids cabin crew workers in understanding and respecting various cultures, traditions, and backgrounds given the variety of guests.
- Aviation Security: The security of the aircraft and the passengers is maintained in part by the flight attendants. Security methods and practices are covered in this course..
- Aircraft Familiarization: In-depth knowledge of various aircraft types, their configurations, equipment locations, and other technical elements that cabin crew should be knowledgeable about is provided through this training.
- Emergency Evacuation Drills: Practical instruction in emergency evacuation techniques, including the use of rafts, slides, life jackets, and emergency exits.
- Mock Scenarios and Role Play: Students can practice responding to a variety of in-flight circumstances, such as medical crises, rowdy passengers, and equipment faults, using simulated scenarios.
- Language Skills: Language proficiency may be stressed depending on the airline’s routes, particularly if flights span regions with diverse native languages.
Admission Requirement For Air Hostess Schools In Ghana
The criteria for admission to Air Hostess Schools in Ghana can change based on the institution and the program being offered. Yet, the following are some typical criteria for admission that you can run against when applying to such institutions:
- Educational Qualifications: A high school diploma or its equivalent is frequently the minimal educational requirement for admission to most Air Hostess Schools. There may be minimal grade standards or specific subject requirements at some schools.
- Age Requirements: Typically, there is a minimum and maximum age restriction for applicants. While the maximum age can vary, it’s normally under 30 years old, and the minimum age limit is typically about 18 years old.
- Language Proficiency: Since English is the industry’s dominant language, institutions may ask applicants to demonstrate their level of English proficiency on standardized exams like the TOEFL or IELTS. This is to guarantee that students can interact with passengers and crew members in an effective manner.
- Physical Fitness: To meet the demands of the job, which include long flights, moving large objects, and responding to crises, cabin crew personnel need to be in good physical condition. Some schools may demand a medical checkup or certification from a licensed physician.
- Height and Appearance: Certain height and physical characteristics are needed for cabin crew personnel by several airlines and air hostess schools. This is frequently because of worries about safety and uniform fit.
- Interview and Assessment: Several Air Hostess Schools interview candidates or administer tests to see whether they are overall qualified for a job as cabin crew based on their communication and interpersonal skills.
- Personal Qualities: Qualities like great customer service skills, adaptability, collaboration, and a cheerful attitude are frequently valued by airlines and air hostess schools. You might need to exhibit these traits through essays, reference letters, or interviews for your application.
- Passport and Travel Documents: Because they work in an international setting, members of the cabin crew may be required to have a current passport and other travel documentation..
- Background Check: In order to verify they have no criminal histories, applicants may be required to submit to background checks or provide police clearance certificates because aviation security is of the utmost importance.
- Application Form and Fees: Usually, you’ll have to fill out the application form provided by the institution and pay any applicable costs. These charges might pay for processing and administrative expenses.
- Experience or Training: Prior customer service experience or education in a similar industry can improve your application, but it is not always necessary.
List of Air Hostess Schools In Ghana
Ghana Civil Aviation Training Academy (GATA)
Phone: 030 277 6171 ext. 1590
Ambassador Institute of Aviation
Address: N1 George W. Bush Hwy, Accra
Phone: 050 392 0629
Tripstar Institute of Aviation
Address: JR37+F6V, Kasapa FM, Kwame Nkrumah Circle Accra, Accra Metropolitan, Greater Accra, Opposite Old, Accra
Phone: 024 831 2762
Aptech Aviation & Hospitality Academy
Address: Opp. Alllied Oil Filling Station Comm. 18 Junction, Spintex Rd, Accra
Phone: 050 940 0366
Global Institute of Aviation
Phone: 054 413 0565
Crystal Galaxy College
Address: Adjacent Anointed Electricals, Accra
Phone: 050 405 0605
Starwest Flight Academy
Address: Sunkwa Rd, 7 1st Kuku Crescent, Accra
Phone: 055 786 2982
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Hostess Schools In Ghana
How much is air hostess school in Ghana?
Cabin Crew Course fees in Ghana: August 2023 update
|Diploma in In-flight Operations Trade-wings Institute of Management||N/A||GHS 4,489 GHS 4,534|
|Cabin Crew Academy: Land Your Dream Flight Attendant Job Udemy||N/A||GHS 340|
What course does an air hostess take?
Diploma in Cabin Crew, BBA or MBA in Aviation, and MBA in Aviation Management are some of the popular Air Hostess Courses After 12th grade. These courses comprise the fundamentals of business administration, hospitality, Aviation, marketing, tourism, etc. as important air hostess subjects.
Which institution is best for air hostesses?
Top Air Hostess Training Academies in India
- Indigo Training Center.
- Air Hostess Academy (AHA) in Bangalore
- Air Hostess Academy (AHA) in Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics (IGIA), Nagpur.
- Institute for Personality Etiquette and Grooming (IPEG)
- Center for Civil Aviation Training (CCAT)
- Related Articles.
How long does it take to be a qualified air hostess?
You could start by doing an advanced cabin crew apprenticeship. This will usually take 12 months to complete. You’ll do on-the-job training and spend time with a college or training provider.
How old can an air hostess be?
Educational requirements for pursuing Air Hostess Training
The minimum age limit for applying for the course is 17 years and the upper age limit is 26 years. The candidate should be a minimum of five foot and two inches tall in height.
Do you need qualifications to be an air hostess?
Complete a college-level course
A cabin crew diploma involves learning about airline safety, health and security, which includes knowledge of the relevant regulations and legislation. The course also teaches you about airline emergency procedures, including how to operate emergency equipment.
Can air hostess wear glasses?
Good news is that yes, you can wear either glasses or contact lenses while working as a Flight Attendant!
What do we call male air hostess?
Male flight attendants are called hosts while female ones are referred to as hostesses. Cabin crew is selected in accordance with the certain rules of aviation organizations and they are also subjected to the rules set by the General Directorate of Civil Aviation.
Is air hostess job good?
Air hostesses earn a decent salary, especially considering the perks of the job (free travel, free lodging, etc.). As an air hostess, you get to meet people from all walks of life on a daily basis. Making new friends and learning about other cultures can be great experiences.