Strata Africa Mining And Exploration Limited Social Resposibility
Strata Africa Resources (Pty) Ltd believes that a responsible Social Responsibility Policy comprises diligent application of royalties , profit shares schemes and social benefit funds and the efficient management controls and practices for the utilization of the revenues created by these schemes for the effective upliftment of the communities most affected by the companies mining operations. Strata Africa Resources (Pty) Ltd will:
- Establish and maintain infrastructure for the benefit of the local population. (roads will service the mining operations and local villages who have very little access to the outside world)
- Establish and maintain on site medical facilities for it’s employees and families of it’s employees.
- Establish and maintain malaria protection and education for the local population.
- Provide and establish pilot water purification / treatment programmes and education in conjunction with other NGO’s for individual households and the local population.
- Engage employees at all levels in programs directed towards education and further learning.
- Work proactively with governments and the public in the development of cost effective and realistic regulations that promote enhanced social upliftment.
- Promote social and environmental awareness among its employees, their families and the communities in which it operates.
- Conduct periodic audits on its operations against stated commitments and measures regarding it’s Social Responsibility programmes.
Strata Africa Resources (Pty) Ltd is committed to being a company that plans not only for the present but one that ensures that plans are in place to safeguard the future of the communities in which it operates for future generations