University Of Health And Allied Science, Ho Degrees Courses
It is announced for the information of prospective applicants and the general public that E-vouchers for application forms for School of Allied Health Science Access Course for 2017 are now on sale.
SCHOOL OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES (ACCESSS COURSE / SANDWICH) – HO CAMPUS
Access Course in the School of Allied Health Sciences is an eight (8) week programme to enable interested applicants with background in Medical Laboratory Technology and Speech as well as certificate holders in other health related programmes from recognized institutions to enrol unto degree programmes (Sandwich) in the School of Allied Health Sciences, University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho. The point of entry into the programme will be level 200 / 100.
The Access Course Programme runs from 5th June to 28th July, 2017
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Bachelor of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences
Interested applicants MUST hold a certificate(s) in any of the following:
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Certificate in Speech or other health related programmes from recognized institutions with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Applicants MUST also have a minimum of three (3) years practice in the field.
Application Deadline is 31st May, 2017 at 5:00pm.
2018 Access Course Applicants
It is announced for the information of prospective 2018 Access Course Applicants and the general public that the sale of E-vouchers for application forms for Access Course 2018 will commence in December, 2017.
SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY (ACCESSS COURSE) – HO CAMPUS
Access Course in the School of Nursing and Midwifery is an eight (8) week programme to enable General Nurses, Midwives, Public Health Nurses, Mental Health Nurses and Community Health Nurses who already hold certificates or diplomas to enrol onto degree programmes (Sandwich) in the School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Health and Allied Sciences, Ho. The point of entry will be Level 200 / 100.
• Bachelor of Nursing
• Bachelor of Midwifery
• Bachelor of Public Health Nursing
• All applicants MUST hold a certificate accredited by Nursing and Midwifery Council, Ghana
• Applicants MUST hold certificate(s) in any of the following: Community Health Nursing, Public Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing or HATS Certificate (EN), Midwifery certificate Post – CHN and Post – EN and Post HAC Midwifery
• Applicants MUST have practised in their chosen fields for three (3) years or more.
• A holder of a diploma from a Ministry of Health Training Institution with a final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 2.00 or better may apply.
• Crossing over from one programme to another (e.g. General Nursing, Public Health Nursing and Midwifery) is allowed but the point of entry is Level 100 instead of Level 200.
• Health Assistant (Clinical) (HAC) / Nurse Assistant (Clinical) (NAC) applicants will progress in General Nursing programme and write the Licensing Examination as Registered General Nursing (RGN). The entry point is Level 200.
• Community Health Nurse (CHN) / Nurse Assistant (Preventive) (NAP) applicants will progress in Public Health Nursing programme and write the Licensing Examination as Registered Community Nursing (RCN). The entry point is Level 200.
• Applicants will be required to provide their Auxiliary Identification Card showing the Auxiliary Identification Number (AIN) instead of their transcript
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH (ACCESSS COURSE) – HOHOE CAMPUS
Access Course in the School of Public Health is a eight (8) week programme to enable certificate or diploma holders with GPA below 2.0 in Public Health and other related areas to enrol onto degree programmes (Sandwich) in the School of Public Health, University of Health and Allied Sciences, Hohoe Campus. The point of entry will be Level 200.
• Bachelor of Public Health (BPH) with the following options:
• A holder of a certificate from Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service training schools, Ministry of Local Government institutions and other accredited health training schools who have practised for three years or more may apply. These shall include: Community Health Nurses, Auxiliary Nurses and Midwives, Health Assistants (Clinical) certificate holders working as Environmental Health Officers, certificate or diploma holders working as Environmental Health Assistants, Nutrition Officers, Disease Control Officers and Health Information Officers as well as Officers in closely related fields such as Statistics, Sociology and Demography.
• A holder of a diploma in any Health Care discipline or Environmental Health discipline with an FGPA of 1.50 or above who has served in a Health Care position or an Environmental Health position for three years or more may apply.
• A holder of certificate / diploma awarded by recognised teacher training colleges, who has taught for three years or more, may apply.
• The duration of the course is eight (8) weeks.
• Holders of Certificates/Diplomas in any of the health care disciplines or environmental health disciplines and related fields who have practised for three years or more may apply.
• Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries.
• In addition, international applicants must satisfy the professional entry requirements determined by the relevant professional body.
• The point of entry is Level 200.